Louisiana-New Orleans

Rehearsal Dinner Suggestion!

I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a location for our rehearsal dinner?  We are trying to find a place that will allow outside catering/alcohol, but still a great location in NOLA.  Our wedding is in August, so we would prefer to have something indoors, just because of the weather.  Any ideas or other suggestions for a rehearsal dinner location for around 60-70 people?

Thank you for the help!!!!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Suggestion!

• edited December 2011
    I am not sure what "great location in NOLA" means, so I am assuming French Quarter. Try the Beauregard-Keyes House. It is beautiful, has a lovely courtyard / garden and can accomodate seated dinners inside. It's not a restaurant, so you have to bring your own caterer. It's just 2 or 3 blocks off Jackson Square.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at the Wax (Musee Conti) and they allow outside catering (but they have to provide alcohol).  I know some people have used that space for their RD as well and there are some pics of it on their website.  Just a thought. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the suggestions so far!  I will definitely look into them!  Let me know if anyone else has any other ideas as well!
  • edited December 2011
    You could try Acme Oyster House, Oceana Grill (both places are in the french quarter)

Edit: I'm sorry, I didn't fully read all of your message. These places don't allow you to bring in your own food.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do not recommend Oceana. Besides being rude when we met, after setting up a menu we never heard back from them.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011
    I also wouldn't recommend Oceana.  After setting up a tasting, they sent a quote of like $7,000 for just appetizers and open bar, which was way more than we were led to believe.  Plus, the food was not that great and the restaurant was pretty dirty.  Could have been an "off" day but still . . . 

We actually ended up arranging our rehearsal dinner at Herbsaint.  Pretty reasonable considering it's an excellent restaurant (with a James Beard award winning chef/owner!) in a great location.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard other bad reviews of Oceana before too, thanks for the heads up!  I am looking into these places so far, but please keep the suggestions coming!!!!

Thanks again!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, had no idea about Oceana (usually I hear such good things). I'm just making another suggestion, Ralph and Kacoos (haven't eaten here either, but I would love to hear what you ladies think)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_rehearsal-dinner-suggestion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:c17db54f-d31f-4c4e-a9ba-5c7a46611c8aPost:256a896f-0e70-4af3-899a-636651fca865">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Suggestion!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, had no idea about Oceana (usually I hear such good things). I'm just making another suggestion, Ralph and Kacoos (haven't eaten here either, but I would love to hear what you ladies think)
    Posted by egammo3[/QUOTE]

Our rehearsal dinner was at Ralph & Kacoos.  My FIL handled everything through email and phone calls and said they were very nice and easy to work with.  The food was delicious, and we had awesome service.  Our guests loved it.

We ate with our immediate families at Oceana for breakfast the morning after the wedding.  I made reservations and even received an email confirmation.  When we got there Sunday morning, the hostess acted like I was nuts when I said we had a reservation.  It didn't matter since it was early and not many people were at the restaurant yet.  I have eaten there several times at all meal times and have always been pleased with the food.  We were thinking about having our rehearsal dinner there but couldn't ever get any responses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards