Louisiana-New Orleans

Registry Review

Hey all --  FH and I felt really awkward about registering and asking for stuff, so wanted to give our guests plenty of price and location options for their convenience.  We chose Bed, Bath, and Beyond for all our big, more expensive stuff and Target for all our everyday, less expensive items, so guests could spend what they want. 

Bed Bath and Beyond was GREAT--they were swamped but still were so nice to us, always helpful, took us on a tour of the store and pointed out necessities.  Gave us magazines and registry cards to insert into shower invitations all in a bag that said "Congrats" with our names.  Really sweet.

TARGET--both the Clearview store and the new one by Esplanade--has been a disaster and we're no longer adding to that registry.  The machines at Esplanade are down, and the worker says they have been down, with sporadic exceptions, since they opened.  No plans to fix them.  Clearview store was unorganized, limited selection.  The scanner gun ran out of battery power about 20 minutes into our registry.  Just a mess.  Also heard they're bad with accepting returns.

Just wanted to post in case anyone is registering any time soon!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Registry Review

• sbelle85sbelle85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for this info. I have heard nothing but horror stories about Target registries, which is disappointing since I like a lot of their merchandise.
  • edited December 2011
    That's a little scary to hear. I did all of my registry online from Target and JCPenney since we have people from all over. Hopefully they won't have problems...
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think dealing with Target online will be a LOT easier, to be honest.  My biggest worry was getting gifts of the same thing from Target because people wouldn't be able to check it off the registry (with the registry machines being down), then having issues returning the duplicates.  You won't have those issues online, so I think you're good.  :)

Target's website has a TON of cute stuff I haven't ever seen in the store.  Love the bathroom set we registered for.  Almost worth all the hassle!

Good luck, guys!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the heads up. I'll stay away from Target!
    What department stores has everyone registered at?
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We chose to do BBB and Dillards, mainly for China. The reason we didn't go with Target was because when shoppping for other events and using the registry I have always had a hard time finding the items registered for.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The problem with registering online is that a lot of that merchandise is not available in stores, so depending on your circle that could be frustrating for guests.
  • edited December 2011
    -JCPenney for linens
    -Macy's for china and crystal
    -Amazon for daily use china/ for all the random stuff we didn't find elsewhere
    -Adler's because my family just about had a nervous breakdown when I said I didn't want anything from there
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We just did Macy's yesterday--mostly for extra cooking stuff, bedding, and odds n ends.  LOTS of cute stuff, and they were really nice.  Made me excited about everything again.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards