Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Overwhelmed/Second guessing?

Is anyone else overwhelmed with the wedding planning? Does anyone have second thoughts about any of their vendors?
Was just hoping I am not the only one.

Re: Overwhelmed/Second guessing?

• Options
    Mary0897Mary0897 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I am/was! No wonder my fiance suggested getting eloped!  I have spent the past two months trying to find a venue in New Orleans that would work and after a disasterous weekend visit last weekend, I finally have decided to stick closer to home or somewhere else completely.  Let's just say my headache has gone away :) New Orleans is beautiful and a fun atmosphere, but just was too much of a headache for what I was looking for.  Too bad, though, everyone's pictures from New Orleans look beautiful and I'm sure your's will too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    About 2 months before my wedding I became completely overwhelmed and thought I was losing my mind!  I was trying very hard to keep it to myself since I didn't want to be seen as a crazy bride.  I found this book that was very helpful - it's called The Conscious Bride by Sheryl Paul.  It's a good reminder that sometimes the internal pressure is too much and you find yourself overthinking every detail.  It helped me take a step back and breathe!
  • Options
    jbv2011jbv2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I arrived home last Sunday night after a weekend in NOLA with my mom searching for reception sites.  Needless to say, I was in sticker shock!  And, with Jazz Fest, and Zurich classic, other weddings, Catholic convention, and PROM!!! there were hardly any venues to choose from at barely less than a year before our wedding.  I was the one that was ready to run to the whitest little chapel in LV we could find!  Then my (dang, I know why I'm marrying him) fiance was able to calm me down and refocus on what aspects of New Orleans are important to us, it all fell into place.  We went with the venue that with originally thought fit us the best, and looked at other ways we could alter our budgets to insure that we don't put our families or ourselves in debt and still have a spectacular wedding.  In other words, b-r-e-a-t-h-e!  Look at as many options as you possibly can.  Be honest about your budget.  And if New Orleans isn't for your wedding, come for your bachelorette party!  And ladies, please don't hold it against me when I come back in a couple of months saying I can't handle this;)  Best of LUCK!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In New Orleans it seems everyone is engaged for at least a year (because the planning process takes so long). With that kind of time it is natural to second guess your vendors.  A few months ago I was killing myself over location choice, photographer choice, etc.

You have to learn to just let go. You've made your decision-and it will be lovely! I find it helps if I stop looking at other vendor's work. Don't look at other websites. You've already made your decision! Just stick to the next task on the list!

Hope this helps,
    Amy
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I feel the exact same way! It was so funny because I was so impressed with how quickly we were coming to decisions and how sure I was with everything. So now of course I keep having these tiny pangs of second guesses about everything! I just try to think back to my initial reasons of choosing that particular vendor and that usually helps snap me out of it. Also I definitely agree with Amy in that you have to stop looking at other stuff or you'll just keep rethinking things when you chose what you chose for a reason. Happy Planning All! : )

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bg022202bg022202 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is natural. I did it and I still do it. I guess you just have to say I am sure it will all be fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Its totally natural to second guess some things as your wedding gets close. I will however say this- I was second guessing a vendor from about 12 months before the wedding ( i was engaged for a year and a half) all the way until the wedding day. This one vendor ( wedding planner) never got better as I hoped she would, and is my one big wedding regret. Trust your gut instinct and make changes if there is something that has been bothering you for awhile!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards