Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Vendor Reviews 11/14 VERY LONG

Let me start by saying that everything on my wedding day was FANTASTIC! All of my vendors did an excellent job.

The Elms Mansion- A++ I wanted a venue that wasn't your typical reception hall and I definately got it at the Elms. Mackenzie and Judy were wonderful at the rehearsal and at the wedding, they definately kept it running smoothly. I never had to ask for a drink or food. All of the feedback that I've heard from guests is that the food was great, drinks strong, and house beautiful.

Matt Foster- A+++++++++ I haven't seen the pics yet, but our e-pics were great so I have no doubt that the wedding pics will be too. Matt was everywhere, got everything and was never intrusive. My dad even commented that he seemed like a great guy. He's so easy to work with and I highly recommend.

Bob Eutsler Videography- A Video wasn't terribly important to me overall. I wanted someone who would do a good job at a low price and I think I got that with the Eutsler's. Bob's son Robby shot our wedding and he was nice, on time, and seemed to capture everything. I haven't seen the video yet but I've seen their work and am sure I'll be happy.

Royal Cakery- A+ Sherrelle did a great job on our cakes. They were beautiful, tasted great, and were exactly what we asked for. My guests all commented that the cakes were delicious. Highly recommend.

Chris Burke Jazz Trio- A We booked Chris's group through White Oak Productions. They were nice, on time and played a great assortment of music (so I've heard). They played inside the Elms for the older crowd. All of the feedback that I've gotten has been great.

David Storm- A++ Kevin actually did our wedding. He went over the playlist with me prior to the ceremony to make sure that everything was right. I heard more "He's really great" all night than I can even count. People were dancing all night and at the end it was a lot of modern dance music for those of us who like to break it down. Highly recommend.

Ken Marino- Fabulous Flowers- A+++++++++++++++++++++
My flowers were gorgeous!! Ken really knows his stuff and worked with me through my pickiness. My gazebo was beautiful, and I got a lot of compliments on the flowers. I didn't spend a lot, but I think I definately got a lot for my money. I can't rave enough about Ken, I would recommend him for anything.

Rehearsal Dinner- Cannon's- B Our food was good and our room was nice. The only issue was that Cannon's only gave us one server for 25 people. That's a lot of running for one person! Our server Dave did a really good job under the circumstances, but drinks coming from the bar were slow. If I could make a suggestion it would be to have a bar back or second person just for drinks.

Hotel Block- Astor Crowne- B Our rooms were nice and the location was good. I had originally worked with Kim to block our rooms. After she left the company I had a little trouble with contact, but nothing major. The reason for the B is the valet parking situation. They park their cars a couple blocks away and on one occassion it took me 45 minutes to get my car out. With that said, they didn't charge me for parking for the weekend after I brought it to the manager's attention. My limo was able to park in front and they blocked traffic to get it out.

Hair/Makeup- Get Polished- A+++ I looked great and had a lot of compliments on my hair. Emily, Brittany, and Lindsey did a great job on 5 of us in under 3 hours. Highly recommend.

American Luxury Limos- A They were easy to work with, on time, priced well, and very nice.

Sandals Regency St. Lucia- B. There were two events that caused the B, one serious, one annoying. If you want details I'll discuss it offline. Our room was beautiful, had a great view, and we sprung for the butler service which was wonderful. All of the food we had was good. If we go back to St. Lucia we will stay at the Sandals Grande which has a nicer beach.

Delta Airlines- D-. Another one that I will discuss offline. This all stems around a flight being cancelled and us being forced to stay in Atlanta overnight on our own dime. I will not fly Delta again unless there is not a single other airline going to a destination that I want to fly.

One issue that we ran into that I don't know who it belongs to so I'll mention it here. We got married in the gazebo at the Elms. I don't know who set up the mic, but they didn't do a sound check and it sounded awful. I noticed it but didn't care during the wedding. My only hope is that it doesn't come out in the video.

If you guys have any questions or want more feedback on my two issues please email me at engbullyluvr@gmail.com

Hope this helps!

Re: Vendor Reviews 11/14 VERY LONG

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards