Louisiana-New Orleans

Groovy 7 Band

Has anyone booked or used the Groovy 7 band for their reception, and did you contact them directly from their website or through Sam Hill agency website? I would also appreciate if anyone could share what price they paid or were qouted. We plan on a 4 hour reception.

Re: Groovy 7 Band

• edited December 2011
    We didnt book them but they were in our top 3. I havent heard anything bad about them at all. We went with the Top Cats and we are also having a 4 hour reception and it cost us $4300. It was an extra $800 for the fourth hour. The band was one of the most important things to me so we splurged. I dont think you can go wrong with Groovy 7. Many people have recommended them to me. Good Luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    They were our band July 10 and were AMAZING!!!  The BEST decision we could have made!!!  No one left the dance floor!  We booked through them directly...book early though, they are busy busy!!
  • edited December 2011
    We booked them for our 4-hour reception on 10/2/10!  Can't wait- I will def post when the big day is over!!

GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Do you mind sharing how much they cost?
  • edited December 2011
    We also booked them directly through the band. The lead singer Dalilah is also the manager and is super sweet. They are $3800 for 3 hours and then you can add the fourth hour for an additional $600. We actually got to see them play in Biloxi and they really are awesome and can literally play anything! HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    grahase's estimate seems about right- we have them for 4 hours.  HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for all your responses. They ended up being booked already. I was hoping their website calendar was up to date. Go figure.
  • edited December 2011
    Just out of curiosity, do you know if you are supposed to tip the band?
  • edited December 2011
    If Groovy 7  is booked or doesn't work out...

CUISINE can give you a 9 piece horn band for a four hour reception @  $2100
    for more info email -  cuisinetheband@aol.com   
    or visit our website @  www.cuisinetheband.com

We will stack our sound up against any of the bands in the Metro area.   All of our musicians have 30= years of performing.  We specialize in the 60's 70's horn sounds of Chicago, BST, Tower of Power and EWF and Motown ...adding 70's classic music, 80's horn pop, 40's big band swing, 50's , Dixieland jazz and some country /cajun music.  we are the most reasonbly priced 9 piece band in the city and offer the bride and groom the opportunity to pick their special four to five songs for their special dances at the reception. 

We will be performing an outdoor concert at Frenier Landing Restaurant on the lake in Laplace this saturday - August 28th from 1pm - 5pm   check on FB for cuisinetheband

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards