Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Need outdoor ceremony locations???

Please help I want a beautiful outdoor ceremony. If you know of any locations please give me details.

Re: Need outdoor ceremony locations???

• Options
    zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Audubon Park is beautiful. It's outdoors and they have pavillions that are covered, as well as gazebos and different places like that.  If you plan on having an outdoor reception you could have your family bring all of the food (I saw your previous post) and do everything there.  I'm not sure who you would contact to do that, but it is an option.  You would probably have to rent chairs and tables, and all of that stuff, but it could be really nice and even budget friendly.  Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Any plantation would be beautiful, Oak Alley, etc. I looked at several on the internet and they almost all do weddings. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    samc86samc86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the post. Though my fiance and I aren't really into the whole platation thing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got the vibe that you are looking for an outdoor venue that doesn't cost anything (please forgive me if I am wrong) But, just FYI, Audubon Park is not free. We are getting married at a pavilion there and it's 500 bucks.  To do it in the "Oak Grove" is 250.  I would imagine that you could do it elsewhere in the park for less, but you should at least contact Audubon because their security is diligent and might not let you start setting up rental chairs, etc. without questions. 

It would, however, be free to get married at the Fly (on the levees behind the Audubon Zoo). Just be careful of college co-ed "tanning" season.
  • Options
    samc86samc86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really am just looking for a ceremony site that is outdoors and not more that $300. Then an indoor reception location.
  • Options
    samc86samc86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cuz it will be about 100 guest so i will have to rent chairs and stuff and i know you need a permit for most parks for more than 50 ppl
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we did ours at grand bayou nior in houma... it was $550 but all chairs were inlcuded and they have the archway and everything else....i is really beautiful...i can email some pics to u if u are interested and would like to see it..
  • Options
    samc86samc86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

No thanks Houma is too far out of the way.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that the Oak Grove in Audubon Park is 250.  It's gorgeous. This picture was from their website. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a place called Champagne Palace that has really pretty outdoor gardens, with an indoor reception hall. I was looking at Southern Oaks Plantation (which is actually not a plantation at all), and was really underwhelmed, despite the lovely pictures on their site. I'm sure it's much prettier at night, though. There is also City Park, but they will cost a lot more than $300.

Good luck, in any case.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    samc86samc86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone! I've decided on Kenner Park Pavilion. It is $125 per hour and $110 deposit.
  • Options
    ashleymveeashleymvee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Colonial Country Club in Harahan.  Ceremony outside, reception inside.  I want to say it was about $250 (booked in 08) to use the outside under the tree.  If you would like to see our pics to see if you would be interested in having it there, you can send me an email.  It's ashleymvee at yahoo dot com.  GL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards