Louisiana-New Orleans

ceremony for two on a streetcar

Hi. I read the previous post from someone who was incorporating the streetcar in New Orleans into her rehearsal dinner.  I read about the option of doing the ceremony on the streetcar. I am curious if anyone has any updates or opinions on how this actually works. It sounds good in theory, but would it be pretty noisy? There are only 2 of us to please, and it does sound very unique! Thanks for the feedback.

Re: ceremony for two on a streetcar

• You would have to rent a private street car for this idea to work. http://goneworleans.about.com/od/transportation/p/streetcarreserv.htm
  • I am looking for any feedback on someone who has planned a wedding on a street car or had their wedding on one.

How did you do bride and groom pics? Did you do them before the street car ceremony or after?

Obviously you want professional photos while the ceremony is taking place, does the ceremony take place while the car is moving the entire time or is their an option to be stopped for at least the vows and kiss.

I have been on a street car in New Orleans so I know the stops it makes but if you are renting the entire car, do you have a say in stopping at a particular location to you like to finish the vows?

I really like this idea, I just wouldnt want to miss out on any of the small important parts of getting married. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards