Louisiana-New Orleans

NOLA rainy on labor day?

hi ladies! i'm about to book my wedding for labor day 2012 in NOLA and am a bit wary of the tail end of hurricane season..i live in LA and am not from New Orleans so i'm not very familiar with the weather patterns and what labor day is typically like. it would be an indoor wedding, but if horrible weather hits, flying in from out of town will obviously pose a big problem. we're aiming for sept/oct 2012, and labor day is the only date the venue i want has open unless i want to go with a friday. any thoughts on if it's better to with labor day or a friday later in sept or oct? thanks!!

Re: NOLA rainy on labor day?

• Katrina hit land on August 29, so I think it's a definite possibility that there might be a hurricane.  Hurrican season usually dies own by October.
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is really a busy time for hurricane season. Anything is possible.

Besides rain, is is hot as hell.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• thanks for the advice guys! i also just realized the Southern Decadence festival is that weekend..which seems like an awesome thing but maybe not great for a wedding weekend when youre trying to book hotels and have little kids around....does that festival pretty much take over the whole city?
  • No the festival doesn't take over the city but it does take over the French Quarter. And while it is quite a spectacle for adults it really isn't kid friendly at all, I have seen many nude men walking down the street during this time. If you do book your wedding around this time, I would invest is wedding insurance so you can get your money back in case of a hurricane because it is a DEFINITE possibility around this time. October would be safer than Sptember and a Friday wedding isn't as bad an idea as people make it plus some vendors will cut you a good deal since most of them book on Saturdays and not Fridays. At any rate, good luck and congrats!
  • Ditto on wedding insurance. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You won't even notice decadence if you don't get married in the FQ. 

Labor Day weekend is hotter than hell though. I mean, really, even just walking between the car and the venue you'll be sweating like crazy. 

Mid-October is the nicest time of year weather-wise. It's usually very dry and in the mid to high seventies without humidity. 

• so helpful! thank you guys. we ended up getting sat sept 29th, so hopefully that'll be a bit cooler and drier than labor day :)
  • so helpful! thank you guys. we ended up getting sat sept 29th, so hopefully that'll be a bit cooler and drier than labor day :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards