Louisiana-New Orleans

Honeymoon Accommodations??

We are getting married in NOLA, and will be staying a few days for our honeymoon. I am looking for a luxury hotel in the French Quarter, or one that is still upscale but has some character. We weren't going to splurge, but since we've had the baby, we no longer are able to opt for expensive places, so it's kind of our one shot for the next few years. I know there are plenty of nice places in the garden district, but we would really prefer to stay in the Quarter....

Re: Honeymoon Accommodations??

• eamcardleeamcardle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd look at the Hotel Monteleone. It's gorgeous, excellent service (housekeeping will call you before they leave for the day), and there's a good spa (Aria) there, too.

You could also look at the Ritz or the Roosevelt (which is on the other side of Canal), but I think you will get a better rate at Monteleone.
  • edited December 2011
    Monteleone is gorgeous, Omni is where we are having our reception and is very lovely. Both feel very New Orleans-y. My mom also loves the Roosevelt and the spa there.
  • Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'll look into monteleone. Definitely want something New Orleans-y...
  • phunluvin82phunluvin82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Hotel Monteleone.  We have rooms blocked there for our guests and are getting ready there.  It is so pretty and definitely has lots of character...the bar has an actual carousel that turns while you sit and drink...and lots of famous writers were known to stay there back in the day (William Faulkner, Ernest Hemingway, Tennessee Williams, Truman Capote...)
  • edited December 2011
    I third the Monteleone :)  I am a strong advocate for that hotel.  It's the best hotel in the FQ!  I stay there every year for Mardi Gras and we have a room block and wedding night sutie for our upcoming wedding too. Though the rooms can be a bit small, it has wonderful charm and great history.  You will not be dissappointed!
  • Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! FI and I looked online last night and I think we are narrowed down to monteleone, royal sonesta or the W in the FQ. Decisions, decisions...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards