Louisiana-New Orleans

French Quarter Winter Wedding - 250+

I got engaged on Valentine's Day - hooray! So excited to finally join this board :)

I'm planning a French Quarter wedding in the wintertime for about 250 people.

I've got Antoine's and Latrobe's - any other recs? Would love someplace within walking distance of the big hotels.

Thanks so much!

Re: French Quarter Winter Wedding - 250+

• I had a wedding for 300 in New Orleans.  I'm going to be honest and say that you won't fit into most of the venues in the French Quarter with the exception of Latrobe's and a couple of the hotel ballrooms.  Omni Royal Orleans and Royal Sonesta come to mind.

I got married at the New Orleans Board of Trade which is just a short distance from the French Quarter.  I loved the historic look of the location and I heard that they recently renovated the space.  It's definitely worth checking out. 
  • I am getting married at the Board of Trade in December and I am so excited about it!!! I fell inlove with the place a few years ago, before I was engaged and knew I had to get married there. My FH actually proposed there too :)

I just went to see the renovations this past weekend because it was set up for a wedding. They have renovated the carpet, dance floor, bathrooms and removed some things from the walls. They are in the process of renovating the "bridal suite," that was pretty much just a meeting room before.  Leah with Pigeon Catering has been amazing and very flexible with menu packages/prices. Like the previous post, it is defintely worth checking out.
  • Awesome, thanks, ladies. I will make sure to check out the BOT! Has anyone had any experiene with The Foundry?
  • I've been to The Foundry (weddings) and wasn't that impressed.  Check out the Chicory!  I'm also a big fan of Race and Religious!  Good luck.  
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_french-quarter-winter-wedding-250?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:eed579bb-5217-4042-96b8-8a3ca51c4875Post:6e560c5a-7236-4324-b235-f225ee3f261b">Re: French Quarter Winter Wedding - 250+</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awesome, thanks, ladies. I will make sure to check out the BOT! Has anyone had any experiene with The Foundry?
    Posted by aliisanola[/QUOTE]
  • edited February 2013
    Oh, and congratulations to you!
  • Thank you! Sadly The Chicory is taken the date I'd like (Jan 18). They are building a new space next door which they say will be ready. Makes me nervous to commit to a construction site, but I do love They Chicory!

I am getting a tour of the BOT on Saturday :)
  • You should also check out Pat O's on the River.  It's in Jax Brewery, where the French Quarter meets the river.  They have two small balconies that overlook the river, private bar, etc.  Nice venue.
  • The Federal Ballroom, at Common & Carondelet. Our wedding is 250-275 people. Best bang for your buck & it is a beautiful historic building.
  • I actually like thefoundry a lot and I think it's better laid out than the Chicory, which is long and narrow.
  • Thank you everyone! I actually ended up going with Antoine's - renting out the entire first floor. As my wedding will be Prohibition-Era themed, the decor is just perfect :)
  • Thank you everyone! I actually ended up going with Antoine's - renting out the entire first floor. As my wedding will be Prohibition-Era themed, the decor is just perfect :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards