Louisiana-New Orleans

vendor review - Maison Dupuy

I already did a vendor review but I just feel like Christie Anderson and the Maison Dupuy deserves their own review.

I am currently living in Dallas but went to school in New Orleans and love the city so I knew I wanted to get married there. Soon after my engagement I knew I wanted to have a courtyard wedding in the French Quarter. As many brides do, I narrowed my choices down to The St. Louis Hotel and the Maison Dupuy. I visited both back in February 2010 to make my decision. An advantage of The St. Louis is that it’s courtyard can be covered in case of inclement weather, but as soon as I met the coordinator I knew I could never get married there. She was very unorganized and was not able to answer many of the basic questions that I asked. Unlike Christie who was professional and thorough from the moment I met her, which was essential since I would be planning from long distance.

Throughout the entire process, Christie was always very available either through e-mail or phone. She even let me know in advance if she was going to be away on vacation. She was always able to answer any of my questions and it was obvious that she had a lot of experience by the advice that she offered. She also though of potential issues that I did not even consider and was a great problem solver. She let me come for a tasting with my fiancé and again with my mother.

Our wedding was on a Saturday but we got into town on Thursday. Christie called me just to make sure I was doing okay and to offer her assistance. During the wedding Christie was amazing. It’s like she was 2 or 3 people because she was everywhere. No one stepped on my dress because Christie was there. My fiancé and I, and both sets of parents got take home boxes of food because of Christie. All of our gifts were delivered to our suite because of Christie. Our second line was perfect and I didn’t have to worry about getting any permits because of Christie. Everyone had a handkerchief for the parade because of Christie. I truly cannot say enough about how helpful she was. 

And the Maison Dupuy was an absolutely beautiful place to get married. I loved that fact that the wedding packages were very inclusive so there were a lot of details that I did not have to worry about. The food was delicious, the bar service was great, and the rooms we booked were amazing. In the beginning of the wedding planning process, choosing the ceremony and reception location was such a hard decision. But now I truly feel like I made the best choice possible. For a courtyard wedding in the French Quarter, the Maison Dupuy has the best wedding packages to be found.

Re: vendor review - Maison Dupuy

• edited December 2011
    Wow, sounds like Christie served as your wedding planner!  How lucky!

I've already hired my wedding planner, and I'm looking at St. Louis Hotel.

Havent looked at the Maison Dupuy yet...

Was there a food & bev minimum?

How was the temperature control?  I'm getting married Aug 20, 2011.
  • edited December 2011
    Christie was totally my wedding planner, and it's great that she came with the hotel :-)

There was a food and beverage minimum. I believe it was $9,500 which worked out perfect for us with their per person charge of their menus, it came to about 150 people.

If you are getting married in August, I would definitely insist on an evening wedding. We got married on October 9th. Our wedding started at 6:30pm and the temperature was fine during the ceremony but I must say I was surprised that it was still a bit warm once the dancing started.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your reply!

Our Ceremony is at 7pm at St. Louis Cathedral, followed by secondline to reception. So cocktail hour will start at 8pm, which in August, will be about 80 degrees still.

The attractive thing for the St Louis hotel is their new fans--I'm told they keep the temperature regulated and are not loud.

What is fan situation for Maison Dupuy? And is there a contingency plan for rain?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards