Louisiana-New Orleans

second line hankies question w/without printing

Hi everyone - I'm at the point where I'm going to order hankies. I am trying to stay true to local traditions (but I'm not from NOLA so I'm trying to figure this all out).

Do most people just order white hankies?
Do most people get them screen printed with some info. on them?

I am thinking of myself and I don't know that I would have kept the second line hankie from someone's wedding which is why I'm hesistant to spend money on the printing.

Thoughts? Experiences

Re: second line hankies question w/without printing

• My guests did give me compliments on the printed second line hankies. While some will probably lose them or throw them away after a while, some told me they actually plan on keeping them. I guess it's like a lot of things....they aren't a necessity, but it's a nice touch and a memorable added detail to have them printed. One suggestion to save money is to only order half printed and then order some blank ones. There is a place in baton rouge called Southern Embellishments who is just starting to do them. I got my embroidery done there (parents hankies with poems on them, bridesmaids shirts, kid's monogrammed bags, for $5). When i told her how much i spent on screen printing hankies she told me she could do it for less in some new type of heat printing that looked cool on a tshirt she showed me. Anyway, if you contact her, tell her Ashley Larche referred you. I can even remind her if you're interested in getting a quote.
  • We ordered ours from a place on the west bank, Szabo's Part Supplies.  szabospartysupplies.com/  I like this place... it's family owned and run and they do a great job at a very competitive price.  We use them for all sorts of things around Mardi Gras time and have never had a bad experience.  We went with a white hankie printed in one corner with a fleur de lis and our names and wedding date.  They were ready in just 2 weeks and looked awesome!  Good Luck!
  • I ordered scalloped hankies online and gocco printed them with my maid of honor.  I don't think it's worth purchasing hankies if you don't print them.  At other weddings I've been to they have just used cocktail napkins.  If you're going to splurge on the hankies, you might as well make them a memento.
  • We're using ours as our favors so I plan on getting them printed.  I figure if people throw them out they throw them out, but the people that would want to keep something like that would want one that's personalized as a memento of the event.  I still have mine from my college graduation though, haha.
  • Oh, and white is traditional but you can do whatever you like, I've seen them available in lots of colors.  Some people go with their wedding colors, I think most probably stick to white but it's a matter of preference. 
  • Thanks friends - budget conscious is my middle name =) So I'm thinking about getting a few different quotes =)

• Thanks Ashley- I will definitely check her out!! I am about to order mine this week.
  • Ashely- I will contact her tomorrow. Can you tell her Brandi will be calling?Is this the correct company?

http://www.southernembellishments.com/unique-gifts-store
  • edited December 2012
    I'm using hankies as favors as well. But I'm not getting them screenprinted. Honestly, I wasn't very impressed with any of the designs on any of the websites I looked at.

I bought a stamp (from a place called Antiquaria online) and some inkpads meant for fabric that you can heat-set with an iron. A few of the hankies went to waste when I messed up the stamping, but all in all I think it was a success.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards