Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

New Orleans engagement/ post-wedding photo spots

Hi everyone,

As an out-of-town bride, I could use some suggestions on locations for a post -wedding photo shoot. We didnt have an opportunity to get engagement photos in the city, and to avoid a long photo break between ceremony and reception, we decided to have a session after the wedding and just get dressed and gussied up all over again.

For those who had engagement photos in the city, where were some of the locations that worked best? Certainly Jackson square is iconic, but what are some other areas that showcase New Orleans? One of the good things about having the photos after the wedding is that I won't be paranoid about getting the dress dirty, so any creative shots are encouraged!

Re: New Orleans engagement/ post-wedding photo spots

• Options
    I personally love City Park.  The Peristyle is just such an incredible place to take photos.  I also love the Tree of Life in Audubon Park.  You can also get some great shots in some residential areas like the Garden District or the Marigny.
  • Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    PP ideas are great and also if you are into art, the sculpture garden at the museum could be cool.
  • Options
    That is exactly what we did the day after the wedding. We shot in The Marigny and around Frenchmen St.
  • Options
    Botantical Gardens in Citypark, especially if the flowers are in bloom. If you want something fun, try the carousel also in citypark
  • Options
    Note:  I wanted my photos to have a New Orleans feel, but more a feel of the areas I grew up in than a tourist's New Orleans.

I took my engagement photos at Coliseum Square Park (Race & Camp Streets) and walking along Coliseum, Felicity and Magazine Streets.  There is a lovely fountain in the Park and some interesting areas along the side streets for photos.

I also considered going to the residental areas around Magazine Street and Jefferson Avenue.

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards