Ohio-Columbus

Newbie!

Hi all Ive been reading these posts all day and can't get enough! I just got engaged over thanksgiving :) My FI did it very casually in front of my family. It was perfect. Although its just been a few days I have OCD and I am a crazy planner. I need to organize and plan constantly. So you can imagine I've been researching the past few days.

We are on a budget (not because we need to be, but just personally I think its a bit much to spend all that money for one day when it could go towards a house, car, etc). But now that I am looking around I feel like it may be harder then I thought. I am estimating spending about 10K. We are very non traditional and I want it to be more of a "party" where guests remember the food and music and how much fun they have! We are also flexible on our date. Im thinking June 1, 2013 though. I really LOVE North Bank Park. Due to the budget a place where we can bring our own food and alcohol would be perfect. Any budget tips you have are appreciated!!!

Any advice, thoughts, recomendations, comments? Thanks so much!

Re: Newbie!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board! These ladies are great help!

10k is definitely doable... it just depends on what you want. I love Northbank Park also, but it was too small for my guest list. My suggestion is to research research research until you find exactly what you want!
  • amcollins32amcollins32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  This is a great resource for you! 
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome! I also LOVE North Bank Park, but it was too small for our wedding as well. Tents are a possibility which is great if your date is flexible, ours was firm for August and I was worried it would be way too hot. 

My wedding budget philosophy is very similar to yours, but it is amazing how quickly the costs add up, especially if you want to throw a good party. But please don't think I am trying to discourage you from trying to stick with a $10K budget, I think that is great!
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagment! And welcome to the board!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    North bank is beautiful but it is expensive, you are renting by the hour, so to decorate and party you are looking at renting at least 8 hours and I think it is 200 dollars per hour, good luck, research research research, if you start early enough you get your choice of vendors and i found a bunch that i love and they are the best price. 
  • edited December 2011
    Look at Tall Timbers in Reynoldsburg! They have two rooms and two outdoor ceremony locations. It is absolutely gorgeous and you can bring in your own alcohol.  You have to use their caterer, but almost everything is included in the price per head.  If you need information let me know and ill send it to you!
  • casims3casims3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah - Congrats girl! I'm pretty sure I know who you are based off of your post and my facebook newsfeed haha. I'm pretty sure you can figure out who I am too from my screen name. Just wanted to say hi and Congrats!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a little late to the party, but welcome and congrats!  This board has been SO MUCH help to me as I planned my wedding so hopefully you can find lots of suggestions too.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards