Maryland-Baltimore

Photographer on a budget

Has anyone worked with a photographer in the area that they just loved?  There are so many and I'm having a hard time narrowing it down.

I would REALLY like the package to include a DVD of images, and my budget is about $1,400.

Thanks!

Re: Photographer on a budget

• edited December 2011
    I suggest checking out Love, Magic & Mudpies Photography.  They announced on Facebook that the next 10 wedding packages booked with them will receive a disc of all images with their package.  
  • edited December 2011
    Also Martin Torre (www.torrephotography.com) is excellent and includes a DVD with all images and no copyrights with all his packages.  DH and I went with the lowest level package--we didn't need prints or an album (we're doing that all ourselves) and just desired the DVD and the amount of coverage, and it came to $850, if I remember correctly.  All his prices are on his website, too---LOVE that.  He took amazing pictures.  We ended up with ~850 pictures from him, and I think there were only two that were not immediately frame-ready.  Feel free to PM me if you want any more info!  Good luck!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Brenda Murphy, Cam Photography, Chad Lippiatt, Photography by Leah, Mark Anthony.  I think these guys have options less than $1500 or close to it.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am not sure if the pricing is still the same but I always recommend Brodie Ledford Photography! They are amazing! Super fun and worked with us on our budget!
    Best wishes to you!

Good luck!   
    Laughing
  • breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a photographer and I can tell you that your expectations are unrealistic. You MAY be able to find someone who will charge $1,400 for coverage but never that AND rights to the images. And if you do, they are the very same people that are destroying this business. Given the amount of work that goes into your wedding photography, the time spent on the day of, and the hours and hours of post production, gear costs, etc. What you are asking for is to pay damn close to minimum wage.

Please keep that in mind when you find a photographer and your photos come out looking like trash.
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely understand your reasoning and where you're coming from, but I would point out that it *is* possible to find someone for that price point who is good.  We found one who took beautiful pictures, and my husband is a photographer, so he knows.  We were not out to cheat photographers out of a decent wage, but we also did not have thousands of dollars available to spend on one.  We found someone who worked with our budget, and we took the lowest priced package available, which *did* include rights and amazing pictures, but that's it.  We did not get a print package or a gorgeous album from him because we simply could not afford such a thing.  We did not ruin his or others' business as a result either, as far as we know.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    I understand what Breaness is saying, it is very tough to find GOOD photography (not OK photography) in that price range.  I have noticed that upon looking into the higher price points, I am see a dramatic difference between the quality of the $1000 and $2500 photographers.  BUT you can find ones that are excellent for the price.  Now having seen what others have to offer, it will be very difficult for me to go back to my original $1000 budget.  I have literally spoke with more than 2 dozen photographers and looked at their albums (not the hand picked photos they have on their website) and viewed websites for over 100 photographers and you can really tell that X person does good work for a reasonable price and Y person charges way too much for the quality (ie. trying to match what other people charge but they just arent that good lol).  The ones I mentioned are ones I feel are a good bang for your buck, sure you can triple your budget to get a dream photographer but we all can't do that.  Don't get discouraged, you will find one!
    imageimage
    edited December 2011
    To add on, I have gotten many a quote where you get coverage and DVD with rights for under 1400, but only a select few stand out as good photographers.
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I used Chad Lippiatt and I believe he has packages that fir your budget. 
  • edited December 2011
    Have you heard of Krista Jones Photography? I believe she lives in Annapolis! Her work is absolutely beautiful!
  • I used Brenda Murphy! She's very budget friendly and you get rights to your photos.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our photographer was awesome and he will work with your budget!
    http://www.soheilphotography.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards