Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Looking for a good DJ!

I'm looking for some recommendations for a good, fun, DJ.  My wedding will be in Baltimore, with about 100 guests, so someone in that area would be great.  I think the music really sets the tone for the whole event, so I want to make sure I get someone great!

Also, if anyone has recommendations for a ceremony musician, either a guitarist or harpist, that would be most welcome!

Re: Looking for a good DJ!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVED our DJ - Evan with MyDeejay.com.  They let us completely customize the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.  Any song that we wanted, they were able to get for us without charging us any extra.  I was happy with the amount of talking the DJ did (I feel like some DJs talk SO MUCH)!  They also tactfully dealt with any "Do Not Play" songs guests requested. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Jason Wallace at Absolute Entertainment.  He was fabulous!!!  I've been to about 3 weddings with him and the dance floor was always packed.  He's a lot of fun and lets you customize whatever you want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We haven't had our wedding yet, but I recommend Steve Moody.  We knew we wanted to book him just after watching some youtube videos.  He has a very cool, down-to-earth, no BS attitude.  He also is very felixble with song lists.  Plus, he has worked at our venue multiple times.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    edited December 2011

My wedding isn't til April 2012. But I saw my DJ at another wedding and they were great!! Their name is World Renown Entertainment, ask for Jamal. Very cool and definetly not cheesy (I cannot stand cheesy!)
    Check them out
    http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/world-renown-elkridge/608718198a7b125c.html
    They are also part of ADJA (ADJA.org) in case something happens a backup DJ is available.

Good Luck!

• Options
    Kristen1363Kristen1363 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ the Mobile DJ.  he is reasonably priced, flexible, and very good.
    Check out his site http://jdthemobiledj.com/
  • Options
    verymegvverymegv member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_looking-good-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:0fa9f3c4-9aed-4695-a0bd-47b22f0fe756Post:123b23a7-dca4-431f-914c-98fa5cd88b2e">Re: Looking for a good DJ!</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOVED our DJ - Evan with MyDeejay.com.  They let us completely customize the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.  Any song that we wanted, they were able to get for us without charging us any extra.  I was happy with the amount of talking the DJ did (I feel like some DJs talk SO MUCH)!  They also tactfully dealt with any "Do Not Play" songs guests requested. 
    Posted by kimbrout[/QUOTE]

<div>evan just played our wedding and he is BEYOND AMAZING.</div><div>
    </div><div>all of our guests raved about the DJ. he doesn't chatter on the mic except when making announcements, his song selections are amazing and the way he mixes them are seriously professional.</div><div>A+, absolutely, hands down, one of the best vendors i hired.</div>

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We loved orlando entertainment!!! We had teh pleasure of having Rusty and he was great!

Their prices are pretty amazing as well compared to some I looked at.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Orlando Entertainment also...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards