Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Venue shopping

Anyone know of any cool venues in Baltimore with lots of windows, atrium maybe?  I know about the Hyatt in Baltimore, but still looking....  Thanks.

Re: Venue shopping

• Options
    edited December 2011
    are you looking for hotels? mansions? country clubs?  We're doing Overhills Mansion and i love that it's so bright there...and it has a porch that's covered so even if it rains you can have n outside!
  • Options
    MereFM99MereFM99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only looked at 4-5 venues, all downtown.  We decided on Pisces, but I remember the Pier 5 hotel had a lot of windows, so did the Rusty Scupper but that's a pretty small space.  Can't help you with locations outside of the harbor!
  • Options
    HoosierTerpHoosierTerp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend's reception was at Pier 5.  The room was all windows on at least 2 sides and had a wrap around balcony that was really nice for cocktail hour.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's a nice room at the top of the World Trade Center in Baltimore.  The windows wrap around the entire room.  It's beautiful.
  • Options
    MereFM99MereFM99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Smange- I contacted the world trade center to inquire about having a reception there and they told me that they no longer do weddings, only corporate functions!  I was kind of bummed out.  Although I am totally happy with what we decided on!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mere - that's interesting.  I went to a Bar Mitzvah there, but it was a couple of years (re: 8) ago.  The room is really nice, but it's on the smaller side - perfect for a smaller wedding.  OH, and my only complaint about the set up is that the room is L shaped, so the dance floor is not easily seen by everyone.  For a Bar Mitzvah that's not really a big deal, but for a wedding, that would bother me.
  • Options
    MereFM99MereFM99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure it would've been too expensive for us but I was looking forward to at least seeing it.  And... your post reminded me of another venue!  I went with a friend when she was venue hunting to the mansion at the zoo, that also has lots of windows, but it's narrow and sort of L or U shaped so depending on the size the tables would be spread out so that not all of the guests would be able to see each other.
  • Options
    jkouveljkouvel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was going to say the same thing about the zoo :-) i liked it, but i really wanted everyone to be able to see the dance floor. the baltimore museum of industry is great. you can have the ceremony outside right there on the harbor, and then there's a patio where you could do cocktail hour and there's a huge wall of windows right off the patio into the area where the reception would be. it was definitely on our list of maybe's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Too bad about the World Trade center. A friend of mine got married there last October. The windows were beautiful! (I wasn't there, just saw pics)

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • Options
    shannondabshannondab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the World Trade Center in November.  They only do corporate functions in the "Top of the World" room on the 27th floor, but the 21st floor is still available for any type of rental. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards