Maryland-Baltimore

Hair/Make-up Trial Run Tipping

So, my hair stylist is coming to my hotel for the wedding. What I think, an outragous price, $700! This only includes my hair and make-up. She doesn't own the salon. I'm thinking of not tipping her then.Also, my trial run is in a couple of weeks at the salon. I'm not sure if she's charging me. SHould I tip for the trial run? Thanks! I know tipping was a post earlier, just thought my sitution was a little different.

Re: Hair/Make-up Trial Run Tipping

• edited December 2011
    Um for the price she is charging, I would not tip.
  • pantsarellapantsarella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, that price seems outrageous to me. Why are you using her and not someone else? I paid a little over $800 for hair and makeup for 7 people and they came to us. Not local to Baltimore, but still that seems crazy to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Are you paying the $700 directly to the salon or to her?  Same goes for the trial?  Are you just paying her directly or the salon?If you're paying her directly, then no, you don't have to tip.  If you're paying the salon then I would give her a tip.  I know it's even more money but it would be a nice gesture.And being totally nosy, but you're paying $700 for just your hair and makeup??  I think hair and makeup for me, my MIL, and entire bridal party was less than that!
  • edited December 2011
    yikes...that's a pretty steep price...does she do celebrities or something!?
  • 2have2hold2have2hold member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to be nosy too and ask you if you've looked around for other make up/hair vendors(?) $700 for just one person is an inflated quote and unacceptable in my book. If you haven't done so yet, ask around before committing to this expensive stylist.
  • edited December 2011
    Well, my first girl canceled on me. So I panicked! She is my normal hair stylist. I wanted to bargin but I'm a sucker! Ughhhh So my fault! Thanks for the input ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    For that price I wouldn't tip. Like the other gals have said, I'd look around for other vendors, as that price is INSANE!
  • edited December 2011
    Um....$700 for just you???  Seriously?  Girl--I'm no cheapie--but I've never heard anything even remotely CLOSE to that.
    lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • edited December 2011
    Um. Agree with all of the above... you are getting totally ripped off.  And if she is your normal stylist, unless she is flying in from NY or LA, she wouldn't be mine anymore no matter how good she was.  I wouldn't tip and I would find someone else.  I can give you the name and number/email of mine if you want to see if she's available.  I guarantee you she will be at least $500 cheaper.
    *Erin*

MyBio image

• edited December 2011
    And... if you don't mind me asking... who is she?
    *Erin*

MyBio image

• HoosierTerpHoosierTerp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wait, for real, that is just for you??!!!  I am definitely not the most thrifty person, but that even shocks the h out of me.
  • edited December 2011
    Not trying to bash her. She is really good! It's Katie from Grapevine
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards