Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Hair/Make-Up

Per the last post regarding tipping these people, I have another question. What is reasonable to pay for hair and make-up for the bride and entire bridal party? I have 7 bridesmaids and 2 flower girls. I couldn't afford to pay for both hair and make-up for all of them so I'm just paying for make-up (comes to $450 for 8 girls and 2 flower girls). If I had paid for hair too, it would have been another $800.

Re: Hair/Make-Up

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I paid $530 for my hair and makeup, 1 bridesmaid hair and make up, 1 bridesmaid hair. the 3rd girl has short hair and cant wear makeup. oh and they are coming to the house
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't afford to cover all the costs for them to beautify.  I paid for their makeup and gave them the choice of whether they wanted to their hair done, but they had to pay for it.  Side note - I didn't make them get their makeup done, just said IF they wanted it done, I would pay for it.I paid $30 pp for my BMs makeup but I also threw in a bunch of money at the end because my makeup artist was fantastic and really came through in a pinch.  My makeup was free because I used a knottie/nestie for hire who was starting out her business.My BMs and MIL paid $70 for their hair.  I want to say mine was like $80 but I also had to pay $75 for my trial.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used my regular hairstylist and because I've gone to her forever she did mine for me as a wedding present (she was invited to the wedding too) but I think her regular prices are $100 pp if you go to the salon and I think makeup is also 75 or 100 at the salon.  (They have different pricing if they come to you) I have heard of ranges from 50-150 though.  Maybe 200 if it includes a trial.  So your pricing seems reasonable. 
    *Erin*

MyBio image

• Options
    HoosierTerpHoosierTerp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think my hair was 125 and make up 95.  Don't quote me on that though.  I think BMs were 65$ for hair and 65 for mu.  I paid for one or the other for them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards