Maryland-Baltimore
Options

I need help!

We would like to have ceremony and reception at the same place...and would like the ceremony outside... but we are having a hard time finding a place that fits 140, those requirements...and our budget... We live in Catonsville so we were looking at Baltimore and the surrounding area... Anyone have ideas for places 2500 or less?

Re: I need help!

• Options
    VTPiPhiVTVTPiPhiVT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding outside and reception in a tent at Grey Rock mansion.  It holds up to 200 so you'd be good on size.  I know there are different prices based on when you do it but it's around $2500.  The girl I have been working with has been great and the food is reasonable and good!  HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's Historic Oakland in Columbia. The inside alone wouldn't hold that many, but they have a huge tent. Similar deal with Grey Rock (although that is more expensive).

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Overhills mansion...right smack in c'ville!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am assuming you mean 2500 for the site rental fee?  If you mean including food this won't work but I got married at the Mansion @ Valley Country Club in Towson and we had the ceremony and reception there.  I think the Ceremony was $1000 plus we had to rent our own chairs (but they set them up for us).  It was beautiful and then we had the reception in the ballroom.  We had 125 with a full band andstill could have fit at least 2 more tables of 10 in there.  So you can definitely fit 140.  I can send you the link to my pics if you are interested, send me an e-mail unionbay7 at aol dot com. 
    *Erin*

MyBio image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having both our ceremony and reception at Eastern Yacht Club, Essex. Should be able to accomodate your guests and the rental fee is right around your $2500 (or less depending on the day).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone for their help!
  • Options
    jkouveljkouvel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you do mean rental fee, the evergreen house which is a museum associated with hopkins, has awesome grounds- that was my runner up choice but i didn't have the guts to go with outside ceremony. the conservatory (i forget what it's called, maybe henry rollins????) in druid hill park near the zoo has gardens and you can put a tent up too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards