Maryland-Baltimore
Options

**SarahKate**

I met with my guitarist last night and we came up with our plan..it's all Beatles.  I'm excited!  Originally I didn't want to suggest doing that because I thought it would be too much work for him to learn all that.  But it was actually his suggestion. I'm not really telling any of our friends or other guests just because we kind of want to make it a surprise.  We have a ton of Beatles fans in our families too so I'm sure it will be well received!  He played a bit for me last night when we finally decided that Blackbird really meshes into Here There and Everywhere incredibly well.  I got goosebumps when he played it imagining my entrance!

Re: **SarahKate**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh yay, I'm so excited for you!! I love Blackbird :) I didn't tell hardly anyone about the music. One of the best parts was that my cousins, who grew up with my sis and I listening to the Beatles, read the songs in the program and said "Yep, Sarah *would* have Beatles songs in her wedding!" And that made me smile because it makes the wedding that much more personal :) Anyway, congrats on picking your music, and I know you will love it!!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I'm really excited about it. I know people will find the Beatles theme appropriate for us and I have tried steering clear of wedding "standards" in general.  So I knew I didn't want to use traditional wedding songs for the ceremony. Same goes for reception music...that's been a tough one for me!  Especially with the father/daughter songs (I have to pick two)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had "In My Life" for the father/daughter - you're not surprised are you? ;) Seriously though, that and the ceremony were the only Beatles songs. We didn't do a reception playlist so it was all very random.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards