Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Vendor Review

My big day was certainly a whirlwind... 6pm ceremony... 6:30 cocktails... 7pm  introduce the wedding party... 7:30 dinner... drinks and dancing til 11.... but I wanted to make sure I gave credit where credit is due for helping make my day beautiful despite a downpour.  Tent - Atlantic Tent RentalsMIL did the research on the tent mostly.  The actual tent itself was great, stayed cool inside during the day even though the sun was beating down.  We chose to include lighting and it was the perfect amount of light and saved us the hassle of having to string some up ourselves.  The tables were pretty bashed up... but since they were covered by linens it wasn't too big of a deal.  The dance floor they put down was good and served it's basic purpose.  They only had one style of chair...They were cheap and you get what you pay for (white plastic folding chairs).  In hindsight I would have liked chairs that were a bit nicer. "Portable Washroom" - GotugoMIL also did the research on this one.  She was impressed with the specs of the "Elite Unit"... I don't think she saw what it looked like.  Even though it did have "running" water and a "flush" toilet.... it was a glorified port-o-potty.  They said it came in lime and though that was great since lime was one of my colors... it was so bright, it was a bit of an eye sore.  Also we were not aware that you had to order lighting separate... which was not fun for an outdoor evening wedding.   We discovered before the actual wedding that there was an issue with it flushing... they sent someone out quickly to remedy the situation. I would suggest to anyone needing a portable unit for their event to go for a higher up model. Catering - Kevin's KateringThe price was right... the food was good.  For a summer evening we wanted rather light fare anyway. Cocktail (half) hour apps were just right... simple cheese display, veggie crudite and crab dip.... nothing fancy.  Plated salads, buffet dinner.  We selected a simple, basic menu.  Kevin was great to work with and threw in a great ice sculpture.  Plus he brought all of the linens (in the colors I specified and even had the linen company double check with me), china, silver as well as provided us with cups and extra bev naps for the bar (which we provided and had volunteers man).  I would definitely recommend Kevin to anyone. Cake - Cakes by Sue - Sue SontagI cried when I saw the cake... it was PERFECT.  It was exactly as I had envisioned it (actually a bit nicer!).  She worked with me to create the cake of my dreams.... between my ramblings and images I provided she managed to interpret it all into the cake that I had imagined in my head.  The cake was very tasty as well as good looking.  She also agreed to waive her delivery charge since the wedding was relatively close to her.  She takes a lot of personal care in insuring her cakes are great.  I would highly recommend her. Flowers - Janice Shirlen Floral DesignsThe flowers were gorgeous and under budget.  The boquets and centerpieces were exactly as I envisioned.  Simply stunning.  In fact... even after returning from my honeymoon my boquet still looked beautiful (even though some of the flowers had begun to die). I rented pilars from her also and she promptly sent me the deposit back. I would highly recommend her. Photographer - Jason PutscheI have not yet gotten to see what images he captured... but I have a feeling he got quite a few fantastic shots (besides some once in a lifetime rainbow photos).  He was great to work with... just right level of professionalism... but casual enough to blend in very well with the guests and put everyone at ease with this shooting.  While the guests were eating dinner he even downloaded what he had shot already and had a little slideshow doing on his laptop (unfortunately I was too busy to take a peek... but I heard from a few people they saw some great images).  Even though I haven't seen the final product... I would certainly tell any bride to be that he is worth looking into.  Disc Jockey - Jimmy Mac Productions - Jim McCreadyEven though Jim is a friend of the family and his services were his gift to us... he treated my event with the utmost professionalism.  He met with us in advance to insure we were in the same page and that he had all of the songs I wanted to use in the ceremony and reception, plus went over my must play and do not play list (which sadly was longer than the must play list... I despise songs that have dances that go with them).  He took my do not play list seriously and told people who requested the songs "Sorry, the Bride has asked that song not be played". I have to add... I put together smores kits as our favors... huge hit... my guests were using the candles on the tables to toast the marshmallows... I even got in on the action.  It added another dimension of fun.

Re: Vendor Review

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am meeting with Janice in a couple weeks and am really looking floward to meeting her!  Thanks for the review!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so excited to see your review on Jason! We selected him for our wedding. Dont forget to checkout his smug mug page. Ive seen him get weddings up in days!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards