Ohio-Columbus

Not so traditional first dance....anyone do it?

My Fiance and I are thinking of doing a not so traditional first dance. We are thinking of starting with a normal first dance song and about a minute into it cut into a more funky song like baby got back. You may have seen this type of thing on a show before. I was wondering if anyone has done this before? If so, who helped you with your dance? What did your family say?

Re: Not so traditional first dance....anyone do it?

• edited December 2011
    there is a really popular first dance video on youtube that is hilarious. you should look into that one :)
  • Bhc5300Bhc5300 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hARVEY2BE: Do you know of a specific video on youtube?
  • edited December 2011
    We are thinking about completing the first traditional dance (because the song means a lot to us - Neil Young, Harvest Moon) - for 2.5 minutes I think.  Then we are thinking of jumping into a big swing routine for another 1.5-2 minutes.  

Just do a youtube search for funny wedding dances - I know there are plenty!!

• edited December 2011
    Im personally not a fan of this. I think its just been overdone all over youtube. I loved that Chris Brown Forever song until the wedding video on youtube ruined it for all other weddings!
  • edited December 2011
    The Best First Dance at a Wedding - Very Funny 1st Dance!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4OzHWvVyb8&feature=related
    thats the title and link, sorry for big letters :D
  • mrs. wolfmrs. wolf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I did the 'not so traditional' dance and I can say it was so fun to do! We started with 'our' song first and danced to about 1 minute of it, and then broke out into a choreographed dance to Michael Jackson's PYT (Pretty Young Thing).  It was so much fun and our guests loved it!
  • futuresharpsfuturesharps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Me and my fiance are totally doing it.  We have been wanting to do something really fun like this for our wedding as well and we have decided it is a fun way to get the crowd going to show that it is a fun wedding! Also, since u will be starting out with your slow dance you still get to choose a good wedding song!! But yes you tube has many, or you can also look into dance lessons and they will help you create your own fun dance.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards