Maryland-Baltimore

How far in advance did you book your DJ, florist, makeup artist?

Hi Girls, I'm Candice.  I've commented on posts here many times, but never formally introduced myself.I am getting married May 2010, and after quickly booking the venue (catering included), officiant, photographer and ordering the dress, I got super lazy.  FI and I just moved last weekend and we pretty much put wedding planning on hold the past few months...and we still have so much to unpack!Soooo, how far in advance did you have to book the DJ, florist and makeup artist and do you have any recommendations?  Thanks in advance.  I'm trying to get off the lazy train. 
Dr. Googs is married to Mr. Pelvis. Happily ever after!

Re: How far in advance did you book your DJ, florist, makeup artist?

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married in April 2010. I have not booked the DJ yet, My sister -in-law to be is a make up artist however i am thinking i may book some one else, I have not booked the phtograper. So maybe we both are slackers. I am working with the florist this week.
  • edited December 2011
    I did it about a little over a year...but it was early...FI was in grad school and we wanted to do it while he was home for the summer.  I thing a year to 8 months out is good.
  • edited December 2011
    We booked a DJ about 5 months out, and a florist about 3.5 months out.I didn't have a makeup artist, but it seems like the popular ones around here book up faster, so it wouldn't hurt to do that early.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • MereFM99MereFM99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm definitely a slacker, however we're getting married on a Friday so everyone who I've wanted to contract with has been available so far.  Less than 3 months to go and I still haven't booked a DJ, but I booked the florist about 4 months out & the hair & makup stylists about 6 months out.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Candice! I'm also getting married in May 2010. We booked our DJ at the end of June/beginning of July. I'm going to use a friend who started her own co for make up and for flowers we are using silk...so those two things don't really need that much time in advance. By the time May rolls around my friend will have had WAY more experience so thats good. I got really anxious and wanted to make sure things were set since May is usually busy wedding season and my wedding is on Memorial Day weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    I booked them all about 10 - 12 months out. But I did it really early because I get really busy at work in the winter and wouldn't have time for appts. You have plenty of time to book these things. Depending on the make up artist you want to use some of them can book up fairly quickly if they're popular. The vendors I am using are posted in my bio.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in April 2010 and booked my dj a few weeks ago.  I'm using MusicMasters...Dan Hawkins is the owner and he is fantastic!  He came highly recommended and after meeting with him, it's evident why. MusicMastersOnline.com  Make-up artist...not locked down yet, but probably using Caroline Weisser who sells Arbonne.  She is a licensed make-up artist.  I've known her for a little while through purchasing Arbonne products. caroline@myarbonne.com or www.arbonne.com Florist...not there yet.Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls for all of your advice and recommendations.  Vanessa-A, I am also getting married Memorial Day weekend, so I know it's a busy time.  I'm going to start working on booking people next week.
    Dr. Googs is married to Mr. Pelvis. Happily ever after!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards