Maryland-Baltimore
Options

24 days and my hall fell through!?!?

What?!?! Yes. I rented a hall at a local fire department (nothing fancy for our reception. It was super cheap, and had a kitchen!) The hall was 50 an hour... and now all of a sudden I won't be getting my deposit back but they can't let us use the hall because "Fire Code?!?" YOU'D THINK THEY WOULD KNOW THE FLIPPIN' FIRE CODE AT A FIRE DEPARTMENT RIGHT?!? I don't have time to take it to court right now. I am trying to find a hall or something along those lines that is SUPER cheap with a kitchen (We have a family member catering my reception) not super far from the 21286 zipcode. HELP PLEASE?!?!

Re: 24 days and my hall fell through!?!?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea of places. How many people do you need it to hold also?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG I am so sorry. I attended an event at the Pikesville volunteer fire co-it's not terribly far from 21286 (just around the beltway). Good luck!
  • Options
    JennigoesUSAJennigoesUSA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try American Legions, they all have halls that they rent out for a decent price. Hopefully one still has one available for the date.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    valf8222valf8222 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this is a bit farther away but a friend of mine got married at the America's Best Inn on Frankford Rd.  She was able to bring in her own caterer who was a friend. Good luck.  They really should give you the deposit back that is crazy.
  • Options
    heathxoxgqheathxoxgq member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's going to be about 65 people MAX. (The Fi is in the Army & still not sure who all will be on the same base as him when we get married. That really sucks not having an exact number!) And, it's October 24th. Ah! I'm losing my mind! Thanks guys. If you have any more ideas keep them coming! I was planning on working on other things like making sure my ladies had their dresses and the cake was taken care of and all that stuff today... but this seems to take priority! UGH!
  • Options
    MereFM99MereFM99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that the Kingsville volunteer fire department has a hall that they might rent? I went to a graduation party there a long time ago...
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If he is in the Army then call Ft MEade!!! Even is the Meade Club doent have anything open, I know they have another building were they rent out halls. Not as fancy as Club Meade but certainly as good as a hall from the Fire Department!!
  • Options
    heathxoxgqheathxoxgq member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Even though he's in the army... he's not stationed at Fort Meade. He's stationed at Aberdeen Proving Grounds right now. :( APG is booked that day. We just tried that. Stupid army! Ah! My friends trying to see if Ft Meade will let her get it in her name since she lives on base there. *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It shouldnt matter if he is stationed there or in Aberdeen. All they probably want is that he has a military ID and can make the arrangements. I would call!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to say the same; call Aberdeen Proving Grounds!  That is awful - I'm so sorry and have my fingers and toes crossed that you find a new place soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe Lutherville Fire? No idea if tehy have a hall or not. I have heard of events at Hereford (not really close though).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Elkridge Vol. Fire Dept. I think they have the same rate $50 per hr.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards