Maryland-Baltimore

*mmattoon* re- signs

Here are the signs that I made, including exact wording!  I used a pretty scrolly font.- "Welcome to Our Wedding (space) Please sign our guestbook."- "The bar will open at 9:30pm.  Please enjoy wine with dinner."  (Our bar closes from 8:30-9:30 and we have wine service with dinner so I made this one to go on the bar.)- "Thank You" (To go on the gift table.)- "Please help yourself to a small token of our appreciation."  (To go with favors.)- Table # signsThat's all that I did!

Re: *mmattoon* re- signs

• mmattoonmmattoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cool, thanks! BTW, your hair and make up trials turned out great. 3 weeks from today for you. Can you believe it?!
  • MereFM99MereFM99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh, lol, don't remind me!  3 weeks plus 1 for you!  I am so excited, but I feel like there is still so much left to do!  And I'm really nervous that the whole day is just going to fly by like the past several months and weeks have.  I'm going to try to slow down and enjoy the actual wedding day so that I feel like I squeezed every single second out of it, after all of the work that has gone into planning.  Thanks re- the hair/makeup!
  • mmattoonmmattoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me too! Me too! I just told rvnsgrl the same thing... we are struggling with whether we should extend our reception to 5 hours or not. 4 just doesn't seem like enough but we're paying for mostly everything ourselves and another couple of thousand seems like a lot. In the grand scene of the wedding though, it would just be a small percentage so we're leaning towards doing it.
  • edited December 2011
    ::Butting in. We from the beginning knew we wanted the five hours. So what we are doing is having an hour or less cocktail reception where we will mingle towards the end with everyone and then 4 hours for the actual reception. I still feel like it is going to fly by, but I am hoping that extra cocktail time and us mingling will help out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MereFM99MereFM99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a cocktail hour then a 4 hour reception, but I don't think that we'll get there til the cocktail hour is half over.  So our venue is setting up a private room for us and the bridal party with hors doeuvres and drinks during that last part.  I'm hoping that having a 20-minute private limo ride back to the hotel and a semi-private cocktail half-hour will help us to take everything in before we have to run around and talk to everyone at the reception!
  • edited December 2011
    So you are doing something similar to us. Another idea is to have everyone go back to the hotel to continue the party. Everyone including OOT and in town and us are staying at the same hotel and we are going back and changing and then partying the night away with our friends and family.  Just a thought! That way its over, but the fun can continue!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards