Ohio-Columbus

Need some ideas - wedding soon

To make a long story short - I had to cancel all of our arrangements (except our photographer and minister and my dress.)

Found out two weeks after I ordered my dress (Which could not be cancelled) that I was losing my job - not just me but my entire department.

We cancelled everything and then his parents didn't want us to get married until next year (irrelevant I suppose because we're doing this anyway).

We're going to get married either on the deck in our back yard or in front of the fireplace (hoping it doesn't rain). We're inviting just a few people and then inviting those and possibly more to the reception. As far as reception goes - we're going to find a resturant with a party room so we can have our little receiption.

What are some nice places that I can call and see if they can accomodate. It's not going to be over 25 people I don't think, if it is - not much over that number.

Also - is it ok if I invite people to the 'reception' who were planning on coming but were alerted the wedding was cancelled due to the fact I was losing my job. I still want to include some people but our house isn't that big if it has to be inside.

Any ideas - comments - etc are welcome - just wanting to know what to do.

We decided we were going to get married because it's not the wedding itself that really matters that much - but it's the lifetime after that matters. We did want to include some people though :)
-=Chesney=- Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need some ideas - wedding soon

• You can invite anyone you want (and can afford) to celebrate your vows and your wedding.  It can be immediately following your ceremony, or later the same day, or anytime you want.

You're right - the ceremony and then marriage is the most imporatnat part, but friends and family will be happy to celebrate with you whenever.

Depending on your budget, and "side of town", you have tons of options for a dinner party of approx 25 (or more)

We have been to "family style" wonderful dinners at La Scala (NW side) and Berwick (E side) if you're into Italian food .... I would imagine there are tons of restaurants that could accomodate your size group.  Do you and hubby to be have a favorite (or meaningful) place or two that you like to go?  Maybe check into that option.  Good Luck to you.

• We offer catering "per pan" which would be much more afforable and you could have your celebration at yr church or a private home.

Nancy Plassman
    Director of Catering, Carfagna's
  • Buca de Beppo does family type dinners. I love that place, and im pretty sure if you make reservations, they will set aside a whole room which should accomadate around 25-30 people.
  • My fiancee owns a restaurant called Park Creek Kitchen in Upper Arlington. They have a back room that fits that amount and he has done different types of gatherings. He could do buffet style, plated, appetizers etc. Pricing varies depending on what you want. Check it out and give him a call. His name is Jeff and the phone # is 614.725.3970.

Good luck with everything!
  • The Old Bag of Nails has a party room you can reserve for free.  We had my sister's 50th party in there and it was terrific.  They have planty of room and some people use it for the wedding as well.  We were at the one in Hilliard, but I believe they may have another location or two in Columbus.  The room was upstairs and opens into a much bigger room depending on many people and how much room you need.  The only downfall was that the room is upstairs (at that location) and not handicapped accessable in case that affects anyone you would be inviting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards