Maryland-Baltimore

KS Catering?

We are looking at KS Catering and their pricing seems reasonable. Has anyone been to a wedding or used them as their caterer? Thank you!

Re: KS Catering?

• ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Went to a tasting and their food is great.  He is really willing to work with you on logistics and yes, the prices are phenomenal.  We are deciding between two venues, one has its own caterer and one does not.  I will be using them if we go with the venue without a caterer.

But honestly, my fiance loved the chicken chesapeake so much we may even consider having them cater our rehearsal dinner if we dont go with them for the wedding itself.  I wish the other venue did not have only one caterer, because then I would use Kevin in a heartbeat.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Cheles93Cheles93 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! Best of luck with the plans!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahlidie, can I ask what venues you are looking at (you can PM me if you like)? The venue I wanted won't allow anyone from the outsite catering list so now I am trying to find other venues that will allow KS Catering. We are going to schedule a tasting. Thank you for the info.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SkettieHeadie, thank you very much! I will check these out for sure.
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for the delay in response!  Glad I came back to this...  To start you off my budget was 10k, unfortunately we may be going about 2k over :-(

I think we have almost decided on the catered venue, after this weekend we will know (meeting with futer in-laws to discuss everything, they might be offering some help not sure).  Stinks because I am almost paying twice pp for this other caterer...

OK The "other" venue I really liked (and with KS made it quite affordable!) was the Howard County conservancy.  I really loved it there, and we were going to hold the ceremony in the barn, but others do it in the gardens outside the reception space.  The only deciding factor was that it is more suitable for maybe 140 guests, and the fewer the more comfortable.  We are at about 150 and still would like to add some people we did not really want to cut (the dreaded "B" list if you want to call it that.  We want them there so we will keep the list at 150 and invite them as others decline).

Now we were considering a very rustic theme, and we are both outdoorsy so we also looked at Camp Puhtok (have to facebook them and check out off season rental album).  They have a lodge dining hall and guests can sleep in the cabins.  Also very affordable, even if you chose to pay for guest cabin rental.  FI just felt it was too informal so we nixed it.

OK I also looked at a place called Holleyneck gardens, on the water in Essex.  Basically a pavillion with a tiki bar and fully operating restroom annnnd very very inexpensive.

Sorry if this is no help, we are trying to get creative to save some $, so these really might not be your typical venues, though the conservancy is probably the nicest and falls more into a typical wedding venue look.
    imageimage
    edited December 2011
    OH duh I forgot, check out Swan Harbor Farm, I am pretty sure they only require a licensed caterer, which KS is.  This is a popular venue, I know a few people who have married there.  We overlooked them because they do time slots, and our church cant have a ceremony later than 2pm, but swan harbor's evening time doesnt start til about 6-7 after set-up.  We didnt want a morning wedding.
    imageimage
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! This is a great help. Best of luck with the planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards