Maryland-Baltimore
Options

MUSIC

I have an amazing friend that has been there for me through everthing I have gone through in my life from high school to my divorce from my first husband.  I am looking a song that reflect our friendship.  He truely it my best friend, next to my fiance of course.  Does anyone have an suggestion on a song that can reflect our friendship that does also refleck a intimate relationship. I have gone through a number of songs that are really pretty but they all seem to be more of love songs. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable (ie my Fiance or his) but I want to dance with him to a special friendship song.  If anyone could help me it would be greatly apprechiated.

Re: MUSIC

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How about "Lean on me" by Billl Withers?

Married Bio!

"Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans." -John Lennon
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, if the bride has a special dance with a guy that wasn't her fiance or father, I would give it a huge side-eye and find it pretty inappropriate at the wedding.  Have him give a toast to you, like most best friends do during the reception, and leave it at that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kinda corny and old but "Wind Beneath My Wings"... also "Because You Loved Me".  I think they are pretty neutral, aimed at someone you you care deeply about and have given you much strength but aren't necessarily love songs. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha but I kinda have to agree with Tree... unless you don't have a dad and he's giving you away or something... it would be kinda weird to have a dance with just him.  There are plenty of ways to involve him in the wedding to honor him.  No rules about having opposite sex as a "Man ofh Honor" if he's not on your FI's side. 
  • Options
    ajerome21ajerome21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the toast idea.  I understand that you are trying to find a song that is not uncomfortable but it still may cause your fiance and his fiance to feel that way no matter what song is playing.  I think it's great that you have a such a good friend in your life and that you want to honor him at you and your FI's wedding, however, it's you and your fiance's wedding so having a "special" dance with another guy (who is not your father, or standing in for your father) seems a little inappropriate.  This is just my opinion, I just have never seen this done at a wedding before.  There are so many other ways that you could honor him. 

However, if you really want to have a dance with him, I would suggest to have other people dance as well so the attention is just not on you and him.  The DJ could say something along the lines as this song is dedicated to friendship, grab a friend and bring them up to the dance floor, etc. (something like that).  Also, I would suggest an upbeat song (lean on me song would be fun).  Actually, now that I think about it if you change the mood (upbeat song and have everyone dance) it would have more of a "fun" mood to it other than a "special" and "romantic" mood if it was just you and him dancing to a slow song.  Most of all, I would see how your fiance feels about this. 

Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love all your suggestions, Angie.  You summed that up way better than I could have! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your suggestions...I think I am going to have to find another way to say thank you for always supporting me.. You all make great points and there are not many songs that would be what i am looking for... Thank you again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards