Maryland-Baltimore

gramercy or silver swan sites?opinions?

I'm planning on seeing both of these in may.. any opinions about either good bad, prices? anything would be helpful? I can say were having only 70 people about.. so were trying to have a budget wedding.. also any opinions on places for flowers or cakes near here.. also caterers? All as cheap as we can do ha?

Re: gramercy or silver swan sites?opinions?

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Gramery this May. Rental prices are on there website and they have about 12 caterers that you can pick from in a range of prices. At Gramercy if you are looking for even more of the budget option you could always look at the Carriage House instead of the Mansion since rental fee is less.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd recommend the Carriage House at Gramercy. It's cheaper and more intimate.  We went to look at Gramercy and we were kind of turned off by the fact that b&b guests would be using the same entrance and space as the wedding party and guests. If we were having a smaller wedding, I would have still considered the carriage house, but we simply couldn't fit 150 people there comfortably! Also, the ceremony site isn't very handicap friendly. When I asked the girl who was showing the place how handicap people get down to the ceremony site, she just replied, "yea, that's a problem we have." My grandmom uses a walker so it just wouldn't work for us. It's a beautiful location though! I don't want to fault it for anyone else, it just didn't work for us.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Gramercy this October.  Like PP said the carriage house is a nice option for 70 ppl.  If you go ahead and book with Gramercy, they'll give you a packet of recommended vendors from all different price ranges to get you started.  Good luck with your plans!
    Anniversary
  • JessirockzJessirockz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks sorry havent been on here for awhile.. ya if we do gramercy def going with the carriage house.. what vendors r u guys using? ive been looking but its hard to think about it with no prices.. i was something no so traditional.. buffet type.. what about alcohol.. do they have that with the caterer or can u bring ur own? and if u do can the caterer serve it.. rob not huh? n kmartini what were u saying about the same entrance?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards