Ohio-Columbus

Vendor Reviews!!!

From my wedding June 18, 2011.  We got engaged August of 2009, so we planned for almost 2 years.  Good luck to everyone planning, I hope some of this is helpful to you.

Lavender Bridal (Dover, Ohio) – Wedding Dress

It is located 2 hours East of Columbus, we originally drove there to look at another dress that could only get there or Cincinnati.  I didn’t end up liking the other dress, but we kept searching and fell in love with the dress I ended up purchasing.  We might have been able to get it at a store in Columbus, but everyone was so nice and helpful in Dover and it made it worth the drive.  Another bonus is we would stop at Raven’s Glen Winery every time we drove to Dover for fittings.  See the Raven’s Glen review below.

Powell United Methodist Church – Ceremony

If I were a member at Powell UMC I wouldn’t review them, but we are members at another Methodist church that is too small we had to search for other churches that let non-members get married there.  Powell UMC is a pretty, traditional looking church; the best thing about it was they let our pastor and music coordinator do the ceremony.  We did have to pay for their wedding coordinator, sound technician and janitor.  Jill, Powell’s secretary was so great to work with.  Debbie, the wedding coordinator had good advice, but they didn’t start the sound checks until almost 3pm when guests should have been walking in but they held off the guests for 10 minutes.  There were some older people that had to find seats elsewhere, which was inconvenient.  Overall, I would recommend them if you are looking for a church to get married in.

Brookside Country Club – Reception

We picked Brookside for our reception because it is so beautiful.  They have a huge patio that we hoped to have cocktail hour outside, but it rained earlier in the day so they had to set up inside.  It stopped raining so people were able to go outside and enjoy the great view of the golf course.  They let us take golf carts out, but we couldn’t go much on the course because it was so wet.  The Food was AMAZING.  I know I’m a little biased, but it was the best wedding food.  We did filet and chicken, it was all cooked perfectly…I never liked my beef cooked less than medium well, but it was medium or less and it was the best filet I’ve ever had.  Lauren their coordinator was great to work with, and she made sure everything looked beautiful on wedding day.

Raven’s Glen Winery – Alcohol for Reception

We had Brookside order Raven’s Glen wine for our cocktail hour and reception.  Downside - what was not used we would have to still pay for (but we get to keep – so I was not opposed to paying for my favorite wine).  Brookside ordered the wine for us, and when Raven’s Glen shipped they also sent 200+ of their wine glasses too.  It was a HUGE surprise when we walked in to the reception room all set up the day of the wedding.  Our gift to our guests was bottles of wine we made so this was a great addition for them to take home too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards