Maryland-Baltimore

Flowers for Budget Wedding!!!!?! RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE!

Hi ladies!! I am looking for a florist....I don't know what the average spending should be for flowers though?! Is $500 dollars realistic for five bridemaids and arrangement etc.... Does anyone know of a florist who is in that range that does great work!!!!?! Or what is average/norm people are spending for flowers....thank you!!

Re: Flowers for Budget Wedding!!!!?! RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE!

• edited December 2011
    I am spending about $1,200 for:

(1)bridal bouquet
    (3) bm's
    (10) centerpieces
    (6) arrangements for aisle liner
    (4) moms/grandmas corsages
    (3 dads bouts
  • edited December 2011

Our florist bill is $2500.  That includes bridal bouquet, 4 bridesmaids bouquet, 11 boutineer's, 16 center pieces, flower girl pomander ball (silk flowers)  5 corsgaes, 6 pew ribbons and main center piece for entry way, and bouquet to give to longest married couple.  I decided not to do the bouquet toss and instead doing an anniversary dance for my grandparents who have been married 68 years.  So they will get to dance and I will give my granny a bouquet.

• edited December 2011
    Check out Flowers By Judy. She's in Ellicott City. I'm not getting floral centerpieces (using candles and just rose petals for centerpieces), but I am getting arrangements for the Church, aisle runner, bouquets for 7 BMs, plus corsages for special family members and boutonierres for the guys and it was under 1100.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • nancyrn526nancyrn526 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Colleen from Divine Designs.  My bill is $900 for all bridal party flowers, family flowers, rose petals to line the aisles and tables, centerpieces for card table (doing my own cnterpieces for guest tables), and a big spread for the top of the arch we're getting married under.  I definitely think she coudl do it for under a grand for you
  • edited December 2011
    I used Roberta from Bella Fiori and I loved what she did. Our bill came to $1,000 and we got:
    1 Bridal Bouquet
    3 Bridesmaid Bouquets
    2 Flower Girl Bouquets
    6 Bouttes
    3 Coursages
    2 Ceremony Flower Arrangements
    16 Centerpeice arrangements (2 per table)

She was great to work with and everything was beautiful. (I have a few non pro pics in my bio)
    Married Bio!

"Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans." -John Lennon
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Colleen from Divine Designs.  If you make your own CP's (floral or non-floral) I think it's very doable.  However, I don't know of a florist that can do all of that, for that price, without you doing some DIY.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    See Divine Designs told me they had a $1500 minimum for Saturday weddings. Thats why I didn't go with them.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_flowers-budget-wedding-recommendations-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:3446470a-756f-4bc6-bad7-cc9ab21f5ef8Post:14dab0ee-a7d7-4237-852a-6fc0dd067ff2">Re: Flowers for Budget Wedding!!!!?! RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]See Divine Designs told me they had a $1500 minimum for Saturday weddings. Thats why I didn't go with them.
    Posted by jesslovespete[/QUOTE]

Ah.  I had a Friday wedding so I was unaware of this.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • nancyrn526nancyrn526 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto...Friday wedding
  • edited December 2011
    Ok I thought maybe it was me!! LOL
  • edited December 2011
    I used Colleen at Divine Designs also and there was no minimum for our Saturday wedding.  I don't remember ALL of what we had, but it was a decent amount and the price was VERY reasonable.  She's super great to work with if you give her a budget she will work within it...that's what we did and I couldn't have been happier with the turnout. 
  • seralee5804seralee5804 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Flowers By Dene' @ 410-465-5830

She is amazing!! And very affordable she will work with any budget.

I was just in a wedding and all the flowers were under $ 400 bucks.

Here is a link to her FB page-
    www.facebook.com/flowersbydene

Oh and here is a pic of her work (The only one I have saved on my laptop @ work)

Till Baby E Money Comes! BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_flowers-budget-wedding-recommendations-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:3446470a-756f-4bc6-bad7-cc9ab21f5ef8Post:672302ed-93fb-46ee-b7b7-f25ce3737784">Re: Flowers for Budget Wedding!!!!?! RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flowers for Budget Wedding!!!!?! RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE! : Ah.  I had a Friday wedding so I was unaware of this.
    Posted by LauraT25[/QUOTE]

Agreed - There was a minimum for Saturday in May.

Thats why I went with Flowers by Judy.
  • lisab613lisab613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i went with flowers by judy also, thanks to recommendations from this board! i'm spending about $600 for bridal party (5 girls and 5 guys), parent flowers and petals. no centerpieces. i think your $500 might work if you don't have floral centerpieces, but otherwise you might have to spend a bit more.
    Anniversary image<br
  • edited December 2011
    The other suggestion is you could go to Giant or Safeway they do excellent flowers and are very reasonably priced.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Based on your budget, you'll likely have to steer away from traditional florists (many of whom have minimums for weddings) and try a place like Sam's Club, Costco, Safeway or Whole Foods.  I have heard from multiple brides that these places provide high value for the dollar.  As well, you might try florists that are affiliated with FTD -- they may be able to meet your budget requirements.

Good luck!
  • heidilynn43heidilynn43 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have cost estimates for JUST buying the flowers, at-cost? We already have the design portion included with our paper-vendor.
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't do arrangements -- just 4 BM bouquets, my bouquet, bouts for the men (4 GMs, the groom, the 2 fathers), and corsages for my mom, H's SM, and my grandmother. It was around $300 at Safeway in Ellicott City. And they looked FABULOUS.

planning

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Typically flowers should consist of 10% of your overall wedding budget.  To lower the flower cost you could consider doing centerpieces of candles (different heights/sizes) on mirrors and scatter petals around.  The candles you could buy yourself and then direct your venue coordinator on how you would like it set up.  Also, consider reusing your ceremony flowers at the reception site.  If you decide to use all one flower such as roses or hydrangeas this could help lower the cost because the florist will receive a discount from the wholesaler for buying in large quantities and will then pass on that discount to you (most of the time).  Finally, instead of bouquets, your BMs could carry single flowers, which will help cut your costs dramatically.

• edited December 2011
    Flowers are not a high priority spending wise for us.  We are going with Whole Foods in Annapolis.  We are going with whatever is in season (big $ saver).  5 BM 4 GM, parents,10  tall centerpieces, brides bouquet will cost us around $500 (we are providing vases to save on the cost as well)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards