Maryland-Baltimore

Venue Help

Hi girls!
I am looking for suggestions for a wedding venue. I know there is a whole list on here, but I know there have to be more places than just what is listed. A date is somewhat up in the air since we just got engaged last weekend but sometime May/June 2013, I have awhile, I know. So I want to take this time to find a really great place in the B-more/Frederick area. I guess my question is where are you getting married and what makes it amazing!?

Thanks!

Re: Venue Help

• edited December 2011
    First off, congratulations!   Being engaged is so exciting.  Don't feel like you have to start planning right away now that you have set a tentative date.  Like you said, you have tons of time to plan.  Have fun with this time!

But to answer your specific question, there are tons of great venues between Baltimore and Frederick.  To help  narrow down the answers you get, what type of venue are you looking for? Hotel, mansion, park, barn, etc?  Approximate budget?  Also, approximately how many guests do you think you will be having?  If you know the answers to any of these at this point in your planning, it will help us to give you better answers.  Like you said, there are many more venues than are listed on theknot; the ones on the website pay theknot for advertising.

I got married at Ceresville Mansion in Frederick.  I loved the fact that there was an outdoor space for the ceremony that was stunning (in my opinion) and the ballroom was really charming.  I had a small wedding (approx 95 guests) so the space was perfect for me.  If you are having a larger (150+), this space would be too small. 

I hope that helps a bit!  Best of luck with your planning process and congratulations again!

• Teri&PozTeri&Poz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Lillies on the Harbor, which is now called Tabrizi's.  It's in Federal Hill, right on the water.  Loved the harbor view & taking pics on the pier.  The food was outstanding & it was a great fit for our wedding of 150 people.  HTH!
    tPoz Photography - www.tpozphoto.com
    May 5, 2007 **MARRIED**
  • edited December 2011
    I’m getting married at the Cloisters Castle in Lutherville August 2011. It can hold 150 guests, gives you an amazing outdoor space for the ceremony and can do the reception inside the castle. We instantly fell in love with the charm and character of the Cloisters and the price was fantastic for everything the offered. Best of luck in your planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards