Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Help finding a place for an outside wedding

I live in Baltimore, MD and searching for a place to get married next June. I'd prefer something outside but like everyone else I'm on a strict budget? Does anyone know of a great place that doesn't cost an arm and leg?

Help is needed Smile

Re: Help finding a place for an outside wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011

I live in Baltimore, MD and searching for a place to get married next June. I'd prefer something outside but like everyone else I'm on a strict budget? Does anyone know of a great place that doesn't cost an arm and leg?

Help is needed Smile

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto for posting on your local board, but around here, there are parks, back yards, parking lots, roof tops. I saw one wedding that was done on the rooftop of a parking garage. A local university has also hosted weddings on the football field, baseball field, in the courtyard (under a beautiful gazebo) and in the greenhouse.

There's all sorts of places for outdoor weddings, you just have to be creative and open to the fact that since its in a public place, you'll have people just walking by and stopping in.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your budget? Do you care if its off peak time or no? Outdoor venues that come to mind are Gramercy Mansion, Vandiver Inn, Swan Harbor Farms, Lignanore amd Fiore.
  • Options
    angeepangeeangeepangee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Mansion at Valley Country Club is a nice place and they offer outdoor ceremonies and you can have the reception inside the mansion afterwards.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JessirockzJessirockz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yea.. im also looking for an outside place nice and cheap?
  • Options
    ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I guess I will let you know about a very inexpensive outdoor venue I found on craigslist, as long as you are more of the casual reception type.  Google "Holleyneck Gardens," its right on the water at a guy's property, and he certainly loves to talk!  He says the pavillion holds about 102ppl while leaving the dance floor open, but he has an inexpensive contact should you want a tent to add onto the pavillion for extra seating.  Has a Tiki bar, and when you check out his site you will see it is VERY affordable.  O and he gives you the entire week leading up to the wedding to set up, and you can take it all down on sunday (he basically just does one per weekend).  It comes with picnic tables too, so you save on table and chair rental, AND he has plumbed bathrooms, so they are not spotapots lol.

Basically of the 3-4 venues I have narrowed it down to, he is the least expensive.  My only hesitation is that I want an April wedding and I think it is a bit too early/rainy to chance an outdoor reception in April.  But if reality sets in and I can't afford the other options, this is where we are going, but I will just bump it to May or June.  Hope this helps!
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My best friends got married a couple of years ago at Mountain Branch Golf Course. It was the picture perfect beautiful fairytale wedding.
  • Options
    ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Mountain Branch is beautiful, I considered it myself but the catering just didnt fall into my budget range, but maybe yours is different.  PM me if you want me to forward you the email I received with all the info
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards