Maryland-Baltimore

Wedding at Gramercy Mansion??

Anybody out there having a wedding or been to a wedding at Gramercy Mansion??  My fiance and I looked at this venue on Saturday. We really fell in love with the place, but it is a bit pricey.

Re: Wedding at Gramercy Mansion??

• edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding there in October. Its beautiful but a little cramped. Good for a smaller wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding's there this October! So far everything's gone smoothly and they give you a really good list of recommended vendors which has helped with planning alot!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I looked there. I love the venue, but the ceremony site isn't exactly handicap friendly which was a big deal to me because my gmom has a walker. I mentioned it to the girl giving the tour and she basically shrugged it off and said yea we've heard that complaint before. I absolutely love the dinner area though.
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there a few years ago.  The ceremony was supposed to take place outside but it rained the day of the wedding so they moved it inside where the dinner was suppose to take place.  The venue did a great job of changing things over smoothly but I felt that the other rooms (dance area and buffet area were a bit cramped.  If you were having a small wedding (under 100) then I think it would be a great place.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! Your right it is a smaller venue, but we are looking for a smaller, more intimate wedding. We are hoping to keep it right around 100 people. We looked at Maryvale yesterday, which reminded me of the Gramercy on the inside. It was larger then the Gramercy.
  • edited December 2011
    It would def be good for a smaller wedding!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married there!!! You can email me at shoffmann AT scandh dot com
  • edited December 2011
    When is your wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful grounds but staff are rude, expensive and limited capacity to hold people for a wedding. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_wedding-gramercy-mansion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:640395d6-ed34-49dd-ae4c-cf35ba090444Post:9ed90f2f-24b4-489e-aed7-98d0c82dc581">Re: Wedding at Gramercy Mansion??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beautiful grounds but staff are rude, expensive and limited capacity to hold people for a wedding. 
    Posted by cthur[/QUOTE]

<div>Who were you working with?</div>
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I have not had any problems with the 3 people I have worked with (Jen, Bill, and Cristin). I have about 2 months before the day and will let anyone know if I have more issues.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_wedding-gramercy-mansion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:640395d6-ed34-49dd-ae4c-cf35ba090444Post:92bcdebb-8ce5-4727-a828-d0bbdb3bf6f9">Re: Wedding at Gramercy Mansion??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have not had any problems with the 3 people I have worked with (Jen, Bill, and Cristin). I have about 2 months before the day and will let anyone know if I have more issues.
    Posted by blondeintgeragrl[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm still 6 months out but I have spoken with/worked with Jen, Bill, and Cristin a ton already, both over the phone and on the grounds.  I've found them all to be really helpful I haven't had a rude experience at all.</div>
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for letting me know that you have had a positive experience. My fiance and I did book the Gramercy. We looked at 6 different places and it was  still our favorite after looking at all 6. Our wedding is October of 2012. Please keep me updated on your wedding at the Gramercy
  • edited December 2011
      I am getting married there May 21st. My FI is a Marine looking at being deployed so we are doing one of their small packages for only 30 people. Even though it will be very small the staff has been so helpful and keep assuring me that even though this was unplanned  and a bit rushed my day will still be perfect!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there September 2012. I am in love with everything about it. The staff have been so nice and helpful. The vendor list was also a huge help!
  • I'm getting married there next May (2013).  We have under 100 guests and really liked the idea that we could stay there the night of the wedding. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_wedding-gramercy-mansion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:640395d6-ed34-49dd-ae4c-cf35ba090444Post:64270e8d-89b1-47c9-95bd-094c5d7f1afd">Re: Wedding at Gramercy Mansion??</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding's there this October! So far everything's gone smoothly and they give you a really good list of recommended vendors which has helped with planning alot!
    Posted by tayylor65[/QUOTE]

<div>Hello! It's awesome that you got married at Gramercy in October. We were told that October was one of  the best months to get married there, and I'm excited! We're about to begin the caterer search. And you're right, it helps to have a list to work with. Who did you end up picking as your caterer and photographer? </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards