Maryland-Baltimore
Options

18 days away and all these changes again!! SSB

So I just now got the call that there is new chef and Joanne is my cord at the Silver Swan. REALLY!!!

I think I am going to have a nervous break down!

She said we didn't need to have a tasting, but I am sorry I only have 18 days left with a 3rd chef I am having another tasting.

I am beyond upset.

Sorry had to rant!
Till Baby E Money Comes! BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: 18 days away and all these changes again!! SSB

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is crazy...ive been hearing alot of the drama going on there. If i were you , i would ask for another tasting...although with 18 days...even if you dont like what you taste...what is there that you can really do? I hope things are straightened out for you.
    More than words.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If it would make you feel better, I'd push for another tasting. 

I can't believe all of the drama that has been going on for you with SSB.  As you get closer to the wedding, just try to take lots of deep breaths and as much as you can LET GO.  On the day of the wedding, what will be will be and just try to take in the day and enjoy everything for what it is.  Any hiccups that come up will likely only be noticeable by you and your guests won't have a clue! 

If all else fails to calm your nerves these next 2 weeks, a glass of wine was my best friend during this time. :):):)
  • Options
    seralee5804seralee5804 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!

I scheduled a tasting for 4/28, I was not going to have a wedding with a 3rd chef not knowing what the food taste like.

And @ Kim I wish I could have wine..But I am PG so no drinking for me.. BOO! LOL

Till Baby E Money Comes! BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry!  I completely overlooked your siggy.  In that case.... massage!!!!
  • Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ Saralee - I am also having another tasting.  My WP is dealing with Raphael, who is a(nother) new coordinator, and the tasting was his suggestion (thank goodness!).  I'm sure all will go well with your special day.  These bumps in the road are minor compared to the ultimate prize of being married to your true love, and starting your new family.

Keep me posted on how the tasting goes next week!

Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_18-days-away-changes-again-ssb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:64493fca-5bc1-4531-a220-1a4dcbb4b0a8Post:1ef73fde-e821-4e18-8b7e-02723acb15b4">Re: 18 days away and all these changes again!! SSB</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you request Raphael as your coordinator on your wedding day?  Because Joanne has zero experience in events...she is just an office manager, no hospitlaity, catering, or wedding experince.
    Posted by CYeager321[/QUOTE]

Oh my.  Well unfortunately Raphael is no longer there.  According to the new owner (Paul), he was a temporary hire between the firing of Amelia and the hiring of Joanne.

I spoke with Joanne for the first time this weekend, when she called me to schedule my (re)tasting.  I gave her my WP contact information, and gave my WP her information, and figured i'd let them hash it out.  I didn't get any warm fuzzies from Joanne either.  Thank goodness my WP will have to deal with her.  As a side note, the owner made it seem like they had hired a top notch wedding coordinator to replace Amelia. I'll have to ask her about her credentials, when I go back for the tasting. 

Thanks for the heads up...and good luck!
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You all are scaring the crap out of me, lol.  I haven't a tasting with anyone yet.  Joann told me I didn't need to do one until about two months before the wedding.  I asked her what the heck i was supposed to put on the invitations/RSVPs then?  I had to pretty much twist her arm to set up a tasting/meeting, and I am taking all the info I have learned from these boards and my paralegal law knowledge with me to get Joann and SSB doing things right for all of us.  Good luck to you all!  Please keep us posted on how things work out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards