Maryland-Baltimore

Communication issues at Silver Swan Bayside

Is anyone else having issues with communicating with the people at SSB?  I feel like they don't listen to what I'm asking about or there's a lot of contradictions, and with 2 months until the wedding, not so comforting!  And I don't get warm fuzzies from Joanne.  She makes me feel like everything we ask for is putting her out.  Anyone else having problems?

Re: Communication issues at Silver Swan Bayside

• mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is tomorrow at SSB (OMG!), and with all the changes occurring in the last 6 months, I've had my doubts about them, but in the last 2 months, they have kicked it in gear, and have been working diligently with me and my WP. In fact, there were two items at my last tasting that I wasn't thrilled with, so they arranged another tasting of just those two items. They may still not call back when they say they will, but you have to be persistent. In my last conversation with Joann, she stated that before, their goal was to execute well, but now their goal is also to ensure the couple's satisfied as well. Granted, that should have been the goal from the beginning(!), but I'm glad they realized it now. Hang in there, and I'll let you know later how well they do for my wedding tomorrow!
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @ mybooboos Thanks for the reassurance.  I actually spoke with my DJ this week.  He has done several weddings at SSB before and after the staffing changes.  I have been trying to get a hold of Joanne just so I could meet her and talk about my concerns.  DJ agrees that she is almost impossible to get a hold of.  But he did say that from his end, the weddings end up turning out great.  I still plan on calling back (and maybe trying to speak to her boss [if she has one]), because the lack of communication is unacceptable.  But it's good to hear that when it comes down to it, they get the job done at the wedding.

oh yeah...and CONGRATS!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    mybooboos - Congrats and good luck!  I was there today for another tasting.  Joanne was in and out (I think she might have been prepping for your rehearsal!) but my sis and I mostly met with Kevin, who I adore.  He tweeked the menu items and they taste great.  I'm still skeptical about Joanne, and our DJ is doing a wedding there on Saturday and said he'd let us know how things go from a vendor's perspective (It'll be his first time working with her).  I know everything will go well for you mybooboos, dnice818 - Have you tried calling her cell or emailing her?  I can pass along her info if you need.  I had a little more luck when I contacted her directedly.
  • edited December 2011
    PP-That was my next try.  FI wanted to call and get her cell number.  I wanted to call and speak to a supervisor.  lol  I hate to use email, 'cause I like having the pressure of a phone call to put a fire under someone's @$$ (I had to do the same thing with a photog that I ended up not booking).  If you want to PM me with her number, that'd be awesome.  Thanks!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    Wow, would love to hear how everything went?  Everybody happy with their results or did SSB fall short again?
  • edited December 2011
    PP- I will have more of an update next week.  FI finally got throught last Monday.  Apparently, a lot of the communication issues were because they were in the process of hiring a new coordinator.  FI spoke with her directly and got a good vibe from her.  We are heading down to meet with her next Tuesday, so I will keep everyone posted on what happens.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    Another one? lol.  Good luck.  We've got six weeks to go so hopefully this one sticks around!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards