Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Cake Vendor!!!!

Former knottie helping a friend plan her wedding and in need of cake vendor.  Please help with recs.

Re: Cake Vendor!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved my cake vendor - Michael Markwitz from Artistic Desserts

http://www.artisticdesserts.com/

We tried so many wedding cakes, and they all kind of tasted the same.  I thought Michael had some really creative flavors and everything we tried was delicious.  It was really hard to narrow down our flavors.  My favorite is his italian cream cake with vanilla custard and raspberry marmalade fillings. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went with Fluffy Thoughts Cakes out of McLean,VA. They too have some amazing flavors that I would never think of.

Our cake flavors are going to be pumpkin spice cake with salted caramel filling and cinnamon cream cheese icing; yellow cake with two layers of raspberry marmalade and one layer of peanut butter cream cheese frosting, covered in buttercream icing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like The Dancing Apron Bakery.  SOOO delicious and all of her orders are custom and beautiful.  Great prices too!!

• Options
    weezie825weezie825 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We used SugarBakers, which was included in our package.  My brother had a ice cream cake wedding cake from Carvel in Hunt Valley.  My sister used Karen Rodkey Cakes in Littlestown, PA.

All are highly recommended.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lisab613lisab613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used main ingredient in annapolis. we got many, many compliments on how delicious it was. we paid about $4 per slice.
    Anniversary image<br
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're in the Baltimore Co/Baltimore City area, Grauls Markets have the best tasting butercream wedding cakes and mine for 60 people plus additional trays with a total of 75 small bite desserts was only $206 including delivery.  We went out of our way to make little to-go bags, but there was none left to take home.  Everyone raved about it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Artistic Cake Creations for my wedding in Frederick, and it was amazing!  Great prices, delicious cake, and Margie is fantastic!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    4n6chick4n6chick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Sugarbakers in Catonsville http://www.sugarbakerscakes.com/ We tasted their cakes at an event we went to and *loved* it, went for a formal tasting with them and didn't even really look elsewhere.

We're having a three tiered cake with amaretto raspberry filling for the bottom layer (yellow cake) and lemon cake with raspberry filling between two layers and lemon mousse between the middle layer for the top two tiers.  With American buttercream frosting and cherry blossom flowers made of fondant or gum paste or something.  They also include a free cake on your anniversary so you don't have to store the top tier for 12 months.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Karen Rodkey cakes are Amazing! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards