Maryland-Baltimore
Options

How to Choose a DJ???

Hello Ladies!!

So, question for all of you who already have a DJ for your reception... How on earth did you choose him/her/company? My fiance and I have talked to probably half a dozen or so and they all seem to offer the same kind of services. I know we would really like to meet our DJ ahead of time, so some of the DJ services we were considering were DJ Orlando, DanceMasters Entertainment, DJ Frank Young, DJ Paul Love, Steve Moody, DJ Greyhound. They all seem to have fantastic reviews on weddingwire, and all seem priced right around the same. They all seem very professional, carry liability insurance, have a no alcohol policy when they're working. 

What was the distinguishing feature you used to select a service?? Any insight you all have would be really greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Re: How to Choose a DJ???

• Options
    ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Sorry mine is a family friend who happens to be a wedding DJ lol.  I would really look for someone who has reviews along the lines of being able to keep the party going and is comfortable with introductions and announcements and such.  The worst are when the DJ is nervous and the announcements stink.  
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw my DJ (World Renown Entertainment) at a wedding, so I got to see them in action. Although my wedding isn't until April. They have been very responsive and are members of a DJ association (ADJA.org)
    Check them out:  www.weddingwire.com/biz/world-renown-elkridge/608718198a7b125c.html">http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/world-renown-elkridge/608718198a7b125c.html

My Fiance suggested we meet other DJ's to see the difference between the DJ's.
    We ended up meeting 3 DJ's. With one DJ, we could right away that this wasn't gonna work out. We ended up picking World Renown Entertainment, mostly because we saw them in action and the reviews in weddingwire.
    I highly recommend meeting your DJ and make sure who you meet will be your DJ, the day of.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your wonderful advice so far! My fiance and I have been meeting with these people in person and making sure that we know who the physical person will be at our reception. We're also making sure that they have a zero alcohol policy as well as acceptable liability insurance. You ladies are so fantastic, thank you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards