Maryland-Baltimore

Any reviews for the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel

Hello Ladies,
I am still in this stresful process of finding a venue for my wedding is August 2011. We have an appointment this Saturday, and was wondering if you ladies had any reviews. Also if you recommend we look at other hotels downtown please let me know.

Thank you in advance,

Sue
Cool

Re: Any reviews for the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel

• edited December 2011
    There is a post a few down from this asking about the Waterfront Marriott, so you may want to take a look there.  The best venue for you will really depend on how many guests you're planning to have... many of the hotel ballrooms can't accomodate more than 150-200 unfortunately.

I haven't been to a wedding at the Sheraton City Center, but I have been to the "black tie" New Years Eve party there hosted by 98 Rock/Mother's Federal Hill Grill.  It is very nice, and there would be a ton of options for you to choose from, space-wise.  The party I believe had close to 1000 people, but it was split between ALL the ballrooms and the entire 1st floor.  There was one very big ballroom where they had the food, and if I remember correctly it was bi-level-- very pretty from what I remember!  Food was pretty good too but I'm not sure if Sheraton catered it or if Mother's did since they were the co-hosts.  We stayed in a hotel room there too and it was also very big and very nice. 

Your best bet would be to check out all the major hotels downtown if that's what you're into: Marriott Waterfront, Mariott Inner Harbor, Hilton Camden Yards, The Belvedere, Tremont Grand, Hyatt Regency, HarborCourt Intercontinental, Pier 5 Hotel, Renaissance HarborPlace, etc.  I think I've known at least one person to get married at each of these place, and each has had a great experience but everyone has different preferences and experiences with the event staff upon meeting with them... these hotels all offer a variety of price points and space limitations.

We also loved the Admiral Fell Inn in Fells Point, which is a historic inn.  Unfortunately it's max capacity is 120 and there was no way we could have gotten our numbers that low... I would have LOVED to have my wedding there.  Their chef is phoenomenal (went to a wedding giveaway event there that he catered).  It is run by Harbor Magic Weddings, who also run the Pier 5 and the Burkshire Suites hotels. 

Good luck!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank You sooo much!!!!!!!!!! I great appreciate your time and recs! I will read the post below. I will report back on Monday and share my findings.

Thanks Kiss
  • edited December 2011
    Hey! I was just there yesterday.  The hotel is older and has flexibility in the room sizes but the decor is very dated in the ballrooms.  There were cracks in the molding and stains on some of the carpets.  Their prices were also very high for the location (a block or two away from "The Block" on Baltimore Street) and no views of the harbor.  I wouldnt recommend it.  Try the Waterfront Marriot, Hyatt or the Sherton Inner Harbor.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to have my wedding here in Sept 2011! Randie is the most amazing person ever, and the hotel has several options for the ceremony and or reception so you can pick and choose how you want the wedding! 

and the price is amazing compared to other Balitmore venues!
  • edited December 2011
    My fiancee and I are looking into this venue for 2012 and would love any feedback form those who have already had their reception here. Avesian, you mentioned you were going to have yours this September, please come back and write a review if possible.
    Thanks!
  • My fiancé and I met with randie and were planning to book our wedding for July 2013. We were ready to book and then found out that randie was no longer there, we were disappointed because we really liked her. They have hired a new catering manager who seems very nice but pretty clueless so we are hesitant about signing a contract. We have searched the Internet for reviews, pics, anything thing at all really about the Sheraton city center but haven't been able to find much. I did a reference check on the current catering manager and her former employer ranted and raved about her. We are still a little hesitant. Has anyone had their wedding at the city center that can offer some insight about their experience?! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards