Maryland-Baltimore

Ceremony/reception sites in and near Baltimore County

Hi!

My fiance and I want to get married in an outdoor location for our ceremony, but then have the reception indoors. We definitely want something very beautiful and classic, I'm not looking for anything ostentatious or super-luxurious. Preferably one location for both ceremony and reception, that would be "all-inclusive" (catering, tables and chairs, etc).  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! We're looking anywhere between Baltimore and Philadelphia. 

Thanks!

Re: Ceremony/reception sites in and near Baltimore County

• Grammercy Mansion (a B&B) has lovely gardens for an outdoor ceremony, and a nice indoor reception space as well. They don't have inhouse catering, but they have a list of preferred vendors to choose from, which assures you that the vendor knows how to work with the venue. Bulle Rock in Harford County also has nice outdoor ceremony options. Mountain Branch, also in Harford County, is another good option.  Woodhall Wine Cellars in Northern Baltimore County can accomodate a smaller sized group in the tasting room. So that really depends on how many people you have.
  • Thanks for the ideas! We're looking at 150 people or so.
  • Our venue is in downtown Baltimore and has a garden with a goldfish pond, lots of flowering plants, flowering trees.  The 'or so' in your total is an issue though.  They can do up to 120 seated and up to 150 cocktail style.  The building is stunning - very elegant, not overpowering colors, hardwood floors, Gothic diamond glass windows, beautiful carved wood railings, working fireplace, chandeliers....but it's probably too small for you, sorry.  If you wanted to check it out - it's Chase Court.  They do not include food with the rental, but as mentioned above, have a vendor list and that includes caterers you *must* use who know the venue and provide quality food.  We selected Chef's Expressions.

Good luck!

• We're having our wedding at Overhills Mansion in Catonsville. I'd recommend it so highly - no other place we looked at made me feel they cared so much about our wedding and personalizing everything to fit us. They do all the set-up, chairs, tables, catering, etc. I think their website undersells them a little - I was blown away when we went to see the place.

• BMoreBride6BMoreBride6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    Hunt Valley Golf Club has some nice options for what you are looking for!  Holds 200 ppl, they do all the catering, tables, linens, etc. unless you want to bring in your own linen.  The don't do cakes but do pretty much everything else.  And plus the reception site has floor to ceiling windows so you still get a beautiful view inside.  

ETA: Sorry just realized this was from December.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards