Maryland-Baltimore

Loft style weddings in or around Bmore?

I absolutely love looking at pics from loft weddings. Unfortunately I visited a loft near Canton yesterday and was a bit disapointed. It was "runned down" to say the least.

Should I continue looking for lofts? Even if it's outside of Baltimore? I know I know, if I really want a city loft feel I should go back to NY lol.

Loft weddings can be found here - http://loft11.com/loft_eleven.html
January AAW Signature Challenge:Wedding Must-Have: A shot or 4
Photobucket

*insert sarcastic musing here...or jazz hands*

Re: Loft style weddings in or around Bmore?

• edited December 2011
    Queen,  how was the Eubie Blake spot?
  • edited December 2011
    My planer is meeting with them on Thurs. It is the earliest time to meet. They do have my day open so it's still an option. Matter of fact the reception area sort of resembles a loft so it would be a plus if we do go with them.
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Hope it works out for you!

There is a brownstone around the corner from where I live in Mt Vernon and I saw a wedding reception there this summer.  I noticed a plaque on the front and I googled it but I can't remember it now.  I will take a look at it when I leave out for work in the morning and give you the address/name.  The reception looked pretty swanky too...
  • edited December 2011
    Sweet! By the way you have been so helpful here. Laughing
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    You are very welcome...anything for a date twin!

Check this out: http://skylofts.net/

• edited December 2011
    I hope that isn't the place you visited yesterday...
  • edited December 2011
    It so is. lol

But thanks just the same. Eric was really nice so it's a shame the venue was a bust. I might use his printing services and his recommended photog.
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Let me add (incase others are reading). Skylofts fees are awesome, very nominal .And you can bring in your own caterers. The place just didn't do it for ME. It looked runned down, to ME. Someone else might like it. It could use a cleaning service though.
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    That's a shame bc the idea of it is is really nice...seems the loft space is the one thing missing from all of the Baltimore venue options...
  • weezie825weezie825 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    There was a place called Lily's on the the Harbor.  It was a venue with an exclusive caterer and I think the catering company went bust.  But the location may have opened with a new name....  (This may very well be that is the place you guys already looked at.)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • lcv813lcv813 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi There! I was also on the search for a loft space myself and never ended up finding one, but I would encourage you to look at my venue the Evergreen Museum Carriage House. While it's not a loft, it's an amazing space that you can transform like a loft. Lily's on the Harbor is under new ownership now, but I cannot remember the new name.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I'm having a hard time Googling "Lily's on the Harbor" and thanks for the museum suggestion but due to personal reasons with JHU, I will never give them my business. lol
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if it's possible, but have you looked into renting event space from one of the condo buildings downtown? I have no idea what the capacity is or how many people you are having, but the lounge at Silo Point looks like its awesome and may give you that feel. I know just about all of the condos downtown have an area like that, so it might be worth making a few calls.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, I'll look more into downtown.Silo Point does have a nice area. I wonder if they allow for non residents to hold events there. 

It's for 75 people.

What other condos should I be searching. If you have a list you can post, I'll forward it to my planner. (So she can do the work lol)

Thanks again!
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Silo Point is a no-go...not open to non residents.
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    The American Visionary Art museum has a loft-like event space on the top floor of one of their buildings. It's nice and modern, and if you like the art in the museum, you can use other spaces around there for your ceremony. I liked the space, but we didn't go with it because the art was a little out there for us and the rental fee is a little high. I'm not sure of the catering situation.
  • edited December 2011
    Lily's is now called Tabrizi's on the Water.  It's got a Mediterranean flare, we looked into it for our RD, but it was too "funky/Mediterranean" for my IL's.  I think the max space it can accommdate is about 150.  It was beautiful when it was Lily's, but I haven't been back since it changed ownerships. 

I was also going to suggest Silo Point. 

I believe there is a space on the floor above what is now Tiburzi's, my aunt had her wedding there in 1991, but I believe they still rent out.  It's owned by the Marina, and the space (at least back then) was really beautiful.  I'd look in that general area, I know they've got spaces. 

We had our RD at the Rusty Scupper, they rent out the top floor of the restaurant.  It was AMAZING, and it would be really cool for a loft-style wedding, because that's pretty much what it is... a loft, but jazzed up a bit.  The inside upstairs holds up to 60 people, but if you use the outside as well for seating (I think you can put a tent up) it's around 90-100.  The prices were reasonable for the food (a lot of seafood) served, and it was absolutely delicious.  Lots of options.  Best view of the harbor.  We worked with Alyssa, it was great.  There are some pics in my bio I think...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm, well condos might be out then.

Have you looked into Pazo? That has a loft feel to it and I love love love their food.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Wow thanks everyone for suggestions. I've been to Pazo but it's been a while (2 yrs).
    Love that place!
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    If you're willing to venture down to Annapolis, you should check out the Historic Inns of Annapolis. They have a chic loft type space.

http://www.historicinnsofannapolis.com/flip-gallery/flip-gallery.html
  • edited December 2011
    Both Tabrizi's and the Visionary Museum are booked.
    Kmartini funny you've mentioned Annapolis, we would gladly consider getting married there. Thanks and I'll look into Historic Inn asap.

At any rate I'm seeing that a decision needs to be made soon, as these venues are booking fast!
    Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards