Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Looking for makeup artist

My wedding is in Baltimore County in just over two weeks, and I was thinking that I might like to have a professional do my makeup before the ceremony. I'm not going to a salon for my hair; one of my friends who's traveling to the wedding from out of state is a stylist and is going to be doing hair for me and all the ladies that need hairstyles.

I know that I'd probably be OK putting on my own makeup, but it might be nice to get a professional to do it. Does anyone have any recommendations? The wedding venue and the place we're getting ready is in the BWI Airport area.

Thanks!

Re: Looking for makeup artist

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Since your rather close to your wedding date - my first recommendation would be to go to a Nordstrom and find a make up counter that you like.  A lot of times, the girls that will apply make up at the store will be willing to come to you for your big day.  My sister wound up doing that and everything turned out great.  She used someone from Bobbi Brown.
  • Options
    LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP that, since it is prime wedding AND prom season, you may find it difficult to get a MUA for your wedding day. That said, I am using Susan from Suze Make-up (http://suzemakeup.com/) for my engagement photos this upcoming Friday. By the list of clientel she keeps, I am very hopeful for a great outcome, and she has been very responsive and accommodating to me thus far. It may not hurt to ask!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto smange on going to Nordstrom and checking out the make-up counters.  The usual girls I would recommend for make-up are likley booked at this point in the season but that doesn't mean you can't get a great look!  If that doesn't pan out, make a stop at Sephora and have them teach you some tricks for applying your make-up yourself for the big day.  They will doll you up and show you some products that are good for special event make-up.  If you go that route, I recommend Make-Up forever foundation.  it has no spf in it (so the flash of cameras wont' cause your face to get washed out) and it holds up all day.  I also highly recommend Model in a Bottle finishing spray - you spray it over your make-up after it is done and it "sets" everything.  You can dance, cry, sweat, and your make-up will still look fresh at the end of the night.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Teri&PozTeri&Poz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try Hair & Makeup by Ashley C - she's out of Pasadena & does FABulous work at a reasonable price!
    tPoz Photography - www.tpozphoto.com
    May 5, 2007 **MARRIED**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards