Maryland-Baltimore
Options

The Antrim - Wedding Planning

Hello All,

I just wanted to see if anyone else is planning a Wedding at the Antrim in Taneytown, Maryland.  We picked this place after having wonderful over night stays and delicous meals there. 

Since our first meeting they have changed wedding coordinators and I have a hard time getting Daniel to email me back and he rarely does before the general manger John gets in touch with me first.  Our biggest issue is that I keep having my friends and family call me because there is lots of confusion over booking rooms.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Has anyone had a wonderful wedding there? I'm just looking for hope that they are going to get it together by my wedding day!  I didn't even want to plan a wedding much less turn into a Bridezilla but I have had several frustrated converasations with them about this and as of this weekend they still messed up a room reservation.

Please tell me good things!!!!  Embarassed
Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: The Antrim - Wedding Planning

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding there last July. It was beautiful! They did an outdoor ceremony, cocktails inside the mansion/house, then dinner in the dining/dancing hall (separate building - sorry I don't know the proper names). The food was really good, and I thought the cake was to die for. The only issue that we had at all was that FI's aunt (mother of the groom) booked our room for us, one at the venue, and neglected to tell us that it was $400 for the one night! Unbelievable! So just be sure that your guests know how much the rooms cost for the night or if there is another hotel in the area that you could use.

If the room debacle had never happened then I would say it was one of the nicest weddings I've been to. Great choice!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    nancyrn526nancyrn526 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am! My wedding is 9/30/11.  I've been keeping in contact with someone named Lee and am supposed to go to meet with her Sunday regarding booking rooms and other details.  I'll have to let you know how it goes.  I'm a little nervous with all the coordinator changes too but at least the one Michael is gone...we met with him and he was terrible. 

p.s. I have heard nothing but amazing things about weddings there.  I've been told that the staff is extremely attentive so hope this helps put you at ease :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had gone to look at Antrim but opted not to choose them because they were terrible about returning calls, emails or keeping appointments. When we finally nailed them down for an appointment, we got there and they claimed they didn't know we were coming. I had booked the appointment with John and was supposed to meet him, but he ended up seeing another bride and they sent us with Daniel. It was right after Daniel had started (it was his first week) and I felt terrible for him. He told us he had just started and was so sweet and accomdating, but I just couldn't deal with the headache of it all. =/
  • Options
    dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't posted on here in a while but happened to see this!

I had my wedding there this past October and had an amazing wedding!  We did have some conflicts with Daniel, and yes, I had to contact the GM as well but in the end the Antrim went above and beyond anything we could've imagined! I wrote a review on Weddingwire-I am the bride from 10/8/10 if you want to read that.  You can also send me an email if you want to talk to more...
    dawnmhayden at yahoo dot com

I really think you will be beyond thrilled with your decision!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is such a shame that they are having so many issues with their coordinators.  Many brides on the board have used them when Keith was the man in charge and he really made things run like a dream.  Their food is to die for and it really is a lovely venue.  I just hope you can get everything in order for your big day! Best of luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm re-reading my post now and I feel kind of bad. I didn't mean to sound negative, I was just expressing my experience with them. I absolutely love the venue and fully intend to go back to spend a long weekend there. FI and I like visiting Gettysburg and we enjoyed our tour of Antrim so much we decided we will be visiting again when we go to visit Gettysburg, it just wasn't the place for us. I'm a picky bride and I'm in constant contact with my venue, so communication is a must for me. I'm sure your wedding will be lovely! Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone! This really is helpful!  We picked the place because we have had fabulous one night stays and meals there.  They really are terrible at getting back to me in a timely fashion and accurately booking rooms! I got so frustrated this week that I asked for a list of everything they had booked and they actually did have one guests name wrong.  I emailed the GM about it right away but he did not respond back yet.

It sounds like in the end they pull it off which is what is most important though! 

Thank you all again! 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sooooo just had my meeting at Antrim with Lee the wedding coordinator I'm dealing with and she is awesome! Answered all of our questions and seems really on top of things.  Assured me she will take care of ensuring our vendors are on schedule and that things like the centerpieces, place cards, etc are set up. Also she had made a list of things she was going to look up for me and I had the info in my email inbox when I came home.  Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also planning my wedding there and I will be meeting with Lee this weekend,  I'm really excited and I'll be following this post carefully and I'll let you know what my experience is.
    -Lea
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah definitely let me know what you think...Lee was awesome 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My cousin is getting married in Oct and I am helping her plan even though I live out of state. What is the price range for the Antrim (pp)? She is settling for Martins in Westminster because she thinks it would less expensive. Please let me know what was/is your pp amount and what that included.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

So, our February 27th Wedding was AMAZING!!! John the GM really was my go-to man.  Our guests loved the food. Our wedding was a small 50 person dinner party with a very informal ceremony in the garden room. Everyone said it was the most unique wedding they had been too and they all LOVED the location and drive out there. A lot of people checked out Gettysburg.

I just read on another post that Daniel my "wedding coordinator" is no longer with the Antrim. I don't know if this is true, but I can honestly say, I don't feel like he did anything for us. Nice guy, but kind of useless. I always cc'd the GM on my emails and Daniel would always respond after John already answered my question.

The Antrim is a wonderful place to be married and I have BEAUTIFUL memories and pictures from our day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards