Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Venues

Hi, I just got engaged and I am starting to look at venues. I am particularly looking at Cloisters Castle, the Baltimore Aquarium, and Chase Court.

Does anyone have any experience with any of those venues?? Anything you liked/didn't like, pricing, etc?? Thanks!!

Re: Venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm only starting to look at venues myself, so I can't offer a bride's perspective on these venues, but I've been to weddings at the Cloisters and at Chase Court. Both were absolutely beautiful. However, at the Cloisters, I remember that the tables were split up, some outside and some inside. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it seemed that one room couldn't hold everyone. (This wedding probably had 100+ people, though.) As for Chase, the only thing I didn't like was that the ceremony was held outside in the evening and I couldn't hear the vows due to street noise. (There's a road right on the other side of a 10- or 12-foot wall.)

Probably nowhere will be totally perfect, just some things to think about. Good luck with your search!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend's wedding at the Cloisters was gorgeous.  Good luck!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were looking at the aquarium as a place for our reception before settling on the location that we did choose. It's definitely a neat spot.
  • Options
    ohkkristaohkkrista member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Cloisters is gorgeous! They don't have AC though, so if you're planning a summer wedding you might want to think about that.

The Aquarium is awesome (one of my good friends works there) and extremely reasonably priced and there a few options for where you can have everything set up.. I remember two which were either in the pavilion or in the shark area. I do know that weddings/receptions there can't go past a certain time (I think it was 10:30-ish?) because of the tanks and animals and sleeping/feeding schedules.
    27 of 75 Books annnnnnd Wedding Inspiration
    Sept. 2012 - Ceremony Venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just recently booked the Gramercy Mansion for my wedding. I looked at the Cloisters, which was my 2nd choice. We looked at 6 places. I really liked the Cloisters. I loved the setting and the inside and outside area. The main reason I decided against it, was I felt like it was a little too chopped up and that my guest would all be in different rooms. Plus, for dinner I wanted everyone to be in the same room. At the Cloisters my guest would have been divided between 2 rooms and at Gramercy everybody can fit in one room for dinner. Depends on what you want for your wedding.    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards