Maryland-Baltimore

St. Lucia

We talked with the travel agent last night, and we are pretty set on St. Lucia for the honeymoon.  Has anyone been there?  If so, I was just wondering if anyone had any words of advice on where to stay and what to do while we are there.  Thanks!

Re: St. Lucia

• edited December 2011
    That's where we went for our honeymoon!  We stayed at the Sandals Grande and loved it.  It definitely has the best beach of the three Sandals resorts.  The other two are just as nice, but the Grande was perfect for us - all we wanted was a nice beach.

In terms of price - the Grande was the middle of the road for the three.  We stayed in an average room, which, again, was perfect for us.  We didn't do the butler service but I heard that it's fantastic.  And what's great about Sandals, they have shuttles that go back and forth to each of the other resorts so you can go to dinner at the others and even check out their beaches/pools.  It's a great feature.

We did one excursion - took one of the local tours around the island.  It was an all day thing and we got to see the Pitons, rainforest, eat at a local restaurant, etc.  It was a great way to see the whole island.  I would highly recommend it.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have other questions.  We loved St Lucia.
  • strawberrycrzstrawberrycrz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome.  Right now we are looking to stay at the Halcyon because it's the cheapest, and we can get a better room.  Since we can travel between all three resorts, we figured it wasn't a big deal not to be in one of the nicer resorts. 

Do you remember how much your excursion cost, if you dont mind sharing?  

We actually have friends who are there right now on their honeymoon (they got married Saturday and left right after the reception), so we are excited for them to get back and fill us in as well. 
  • edited December 2011
     I don't have any suggestion but I just wanted to say congrats on selecting a location!!! wahooo!Smile
  • edited December 2011

I don't mind sharing the cost, but I really don't remember.  It wasn't terribly expensive.  It's definitely worth whatever the cost was though.  I want to say it was around $60 per person, but don't hold me to that. 

The Halcyon is very pretty.  We went to dinner there one night at The Pier Restaurant.  It was definitely our favorite dinner of the trip.  SO good.

Here's a link to our HM pics:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2248872&id=18405266&l=340965b77b

• edited December 2011
    One more thing.  Here's a link to one of the tours that I was talking about.  It's not through the resort and there are a bunch that you can choose from - they are all pretty much the same.  Friends of ours did this one:

http://www.joeknowsstlucia.com/

It'll give you an idea of what it's all about.  We didn't do this one but it's exactly the same as the one we did.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thanks so much!  I'll have to try to remember to come back and click the link for your honeymoon pictures.  I can't view facebook at work :(
  • jflaniganjflanigan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at the Sandals Regency back in 2005 and it was amazing. We were there in late September and I really think everything about our vacation was perfect. Also, I think we took the same excursion as smange, but I don't remember a thing about the cost.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to St Lucia on a cruise before and I just wanted to say, it was definitely one of my favorite Caribbean Islands we visited! And probably the best beach we swam in. SO beautiful...I want to go back!!
    Sept 2011 Signature Challenge

Photobucket

Wedding Countdown Ticker

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!  I'm glad to know that everyone who has been there has loved it!  I can't wait to finally book our honeymoon.
  • MEGS_UMDMEGS_UMD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll second the Sandals Grande. We were there for our honeymoon as well and loved it! We had the concierge level which also gave us access to the covered lounge area(forget the name of them) on the beach which was nice and they did all our restaurant reservations for us.

Recommendations for things we liked/didn't like
    - We took a helicopter to the resort since I heard it was a long and bumpy/windy road from the airport. It was definitely worth the money for us since I get car sick and didn't want to start the honeymoon nauseous, but it felt slightly like a roller coaster since it was windy then (we went at the beginning of May).
    - Take lots of sun block (we only took 1 bottle and had to buy another there!)
    - You don't have to tip, but bring change for a $20 in case you go on trips outside the resort: a lot of the places didn't have change for purchasing bottles of water
    - If you go on a tour - bring a bottle of water with you. They can get expensive.
    - Sounds like we did the tour that smange did and it was awesome. I loved being out on the boat. The other one we did was a sunset boat ride which was fun as well.

If you're not staying at the Regency definitely try to get a reservation at La Toc (french) - it was the best place we went for dinner. The concierge told us that they were limited to the number of reservations that other resorts could make at that restaurant because it was so popular.

Have fun!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards