Ohio-Columbus

Columbus venues

My fiance and I have decided to get married in Columbus as all him family is from that area and my family is all spread out. My parents just moved to FL this summer, so my hometown is out of the question too. The problem is we live in Cincinnati and I don't know much about Columbus. We toured a few venues and I've narrowed it down to Dale Valley Ballroom, COSI, and BOMA. Has anyone been a guest at a wedding there or had your own there? Any thoughts or feeling about these venues? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Columbus venues

• Holly02Holly02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at The Medallion Club in Westerville up at Polaris (about 20 min from downtown columbus)... but I've heard good things about all the places you looked at.  I also looked at the student union on campus (really nice but kind of expensive), scioto reserve in powell (it was too small, we're inviting around 250), Worthington Hills (nice and cheap, but outdated), la scala (too small but nice). 

I went to a wedding at Grand Valleydale and I thought it was really nice!
  • edited December 2011
    We had our reception at The Venue at Smith Brothers and it was amazing.  The staff was outstanding, everyone raved about the food and the atmosphere was awesome.  I highly recommend it!  They have a courtyard that can accomodate the ceremony as well. 
  • skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to look at Four Seasons in Hilliard.
  • erikadiehlerikadiehl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to all three of those places- although not weddings- and I think BOMA is nicest and I love having dinner there. They have great food. It is very trendy and wouldnt need a lot of decorating. 
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is at the Valley Dale Ballroom next June. I absolutely adore it, and you can bring your own caterer. If you want to know anything at all about it, just PM me, as I have a copy of their contract and have visited there several times :)
    What mama? I'm an artist :)Painting
    -8 months old-
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards