Maryland-Baltimore

Rustic Barn or Something Unique?!?!?

Hi everyone!

We live in Sparks (northern baltimore county) would love something local but will travel if needed....  We are looking for a big empty rustic barn.  It's a tall order but thought I would take my chances.  Only about 100 guests...

Anyone have any ideas????

We are at the point where we have seen a few cool ones (private property) that we may just start calling random people out of the phone book and asking if they would allow us to do it there...

Thanks!!!!!

Re: Rustic Barn or Something Unique?!?!?

• edited December 2011
    This isn't a barn, but I recently saw pictures of a wedding that a coworker had at Corradetti Studio, and the space is beautiful. They hold 100 standing and 75 seated at tables - not sure if this would work for you but it was the first thing that came to mind.

http://www.corradetti.com/partyrental.html
  • ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Seriously, if you find this, PLEASE, Im begging please post again on the board!!! I have been searching for the exact thing for several months!  I don't live up there though, so I have no idea who to even try to contact otherwise I would already be making phone calls.

BUT if you don't mind a little pricier venue (only reason we couldnt do it was because there is just one hard-to-reach bathroom so we would need a trailor which adds 1k) But try Grimmel Farms in Jarrettsville.  Google them and ask for Kristen, she is super sweet.  Beautiful barn inside.  Kristen actually had her wedding there, so you may be able to find it if you google grimmel farm wedding (reception was at Boordy's under a tent)

Boordy used to rent their barn but they dont anymore, huge BUMMER!
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    edited December 2011
    OH and call Richardsons farm in Glen Arm (where I am from), they do the whole shebang with catering and everything.  This is the ideal venue for us being a quarter mile from my dads, but again, a little out of our price range but definitely fits into the average wedding bill.  They do it per person though, so if we only had 100 guests we could definitely afford it!

When you Google, they have a farm stand in White Marsh so dont be put off by location, just call and ask for contact to catering for the barn rental. 
    imageimage
    edited December 2011
    Ok so I keep forgetting more because we excluded them due to size, price or location which may not be limiting for you.

Duke Farm in PA, Linganore in Frederick, Chanteclaire in Garrett County, Ostertag Vistas (gorgeous!).

One of our favorites is Howard County Conservancy (at least its my favorite) the barn is large enough for a ceremony and then there is a beautiful reception space also on the premises.  

If you are considering this, you can do the same at rockfield manor in bel air but the reception will likely need to be under a tent outside.
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    WOW!!! Thank you so much for all the info.  I have been trying to get in contact with Richardsons and the girl won't return my call.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

I will FOR SURE let you know if I find something!!!
  • edited December 2011
    By the way...  There is a place called Union Mills-  It's out past Westminster.  Huge barn on beautiful property, VERY inexpensive and you get it the whole weekend.  I think you have to use their caterer.  If you google it there are at least a few pics of the barn in the backround, you have to go see it to appreciate it, but it really is an awesome place.
    edited December 2011
    Yea Richardsons is basically everything you can look for, its a huge barn and beautiful and the farm its on is also very pretty and the price really is not overkill compared to most venues.  It's just with the amount of guests we have, it puts it a couple grand out of what we can afford *sniffle*.
    imageimage
  • LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The tasting room at Boordy Vineyards may have the feel you are going for.
  • edited December 2011
    The Inn at Roop's Mill (Westminster, MD) has a rustic feel.
    Only downfall is they have 1 approved caterer...so not sure if that is something that would deter you.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Thorpewood in Thurmont MD too. It's amazing would have had our wedding there if our date was available but it wasn't.  It's an amazing propert with vaulted ceilings and it's a Non-Profit.  There's a stone bridge, it's totally rustic, there's a cat and dog that live on the property, and the staff is fantastic.  It's probably one of the most unique spaces I've ever seen in my life.

Boordy's gorgeous too but you CANNOT have any other alcohol except Boordy wines.  not even champagne for wedding toasts.  So, if you aren't a fan of thier wines, your outta luck. That's the same for Linganore, and most other MD vineyards.
    edited December 2011
    courtandsteve:  I checked out Union Mills, and I think it might be our venue!  We need to finalize everything with the church and hope the date we want is not taken, but we are pretty sure we love it.  Thanks for the tip and I hope any of the info I gave you was helpful!!
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Linganore vineyards near Mount Airy has a huge barn that has been done nicely! take a look. Only downside is that I think that you can only have their wine and champagne due to liquor laws. They were talking about changing that but i'm not sure if it has happened yet.  

Best of luck to you!     Smile
  • edited December 2011
    ashlidie :  SO funny- we chose Richardson's!  So happy to hear you liked Union Mills!  It's beautiful.  Thanks for your help and best of luck!
  • slevenstslevenst member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How much is Richardson's (ballpark figure would be good)? I tend to get too involved with reading boards and I get impatient with having to wait and call places the next day ;)

Looking to have a rustic wedding, but not trying to break the bank. Just wanted to see if anyone could give me a general price range for the spot. And those that had their wedding there, was the staff accommodating?
  • I called to ask about pricing about 2 months ago. I was blown away. She said it was $15,000 for the rental and the catering (they will only do their own catering). I ws figuring like $6,000 for our catering...which would mean I was spending $9,000 on the barn.

She said they only rent it out for very few weddings a year to make it more exclusive.

Not workth it to me  :(

WAYYY out of the price range we wanted.
  • pengy16pengy16 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Another option if anyone is looking for a barn is the other barn in columbia. they said its 1400 for Sat, and 895 for a sunday. the only reason i didnt go with them was because my FI mom is in a wheelchair and the rental space is upstairs, no elevator.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am looking for a barn For my wedding/ reception as close to Annapolis,md as possible. Anyone know any that could help me. Planning the wedding for next April. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards