Maryland-Baltimore

Our AHR at the Hunt Valley Marriott

Our AHR was WONDERFUL! We only had one person who RSVP'd yes no-show, the food was fabulous, everyone had a blast, and seriously, the dueling pianos were the greatest decision EVER!!!

The first half of the party (pre-dinner show & dinner) was really nice, the dueling piano guys played a lot of nice songs, food was good, whatever. We finished dinner, smashed cupcakes in each other's faces (I got cupcake up my nose :( boo!) and then played our video.

That's when the piano guys turned it into a real PARTY!! 

One of my friends got the tambourine from them and was from there on out known as either "tambourine girl" or "party captain." Steve danced to Sir Mix Alot, which I missed because I was in the bathroom!!! I'm so glad there's photographic and video evidence of this fabulousness. My parents won the anniversary dance, having been together for 25 years! They conned us into having a first dance even though we didn't want one, but it turned out to be really nice, and it was to Elton John's "Your Song" which is one of my absolute favorites anyway.

Anyway, it was a blast and we couldn't have been happier!

Here are a few photos, the rest can be seen here: http://gallery.me.com/breamarie#100731

Our delightful cupcakes! They were SOOOO good. I was upset that my mom left the cupcake trees at home that I bought, but the catering staff came up with a nice display on the spot!

We had red velvet, chocolate with vanilla, vanilla with chocolate, mint cookies and cream, snickerdoodle, peanut butter fudge, and coconut with pineapple filling cupcakes!

Bride & Groom Cupcake toppers (Which would have actually been ON cupcakes if they were displayed as planned)

Favors :)

Song request cards

A filled out song request card. Steve's obsessed with Back to the Future, hence the song requested and the 88 mph reference.

Here he is with his best friend Tony, who was wearing a BTTF shirt under his fancy clothes :)

Onto the food!
The freaking amazing pear & gorgonzola salad

Dijon Crusted Salmon

Filet Mignon & Shrimp

Citrus Chicken with a "Maui Tropical Sauce"

Cheesecake! We had Caramel, Chocolate, and Raspberry drizzle available.

Mint Cookies & Cream Cupcake and an Oreo Truffle which OMG are the best things everrrr

He has longer reach :( It's unfair.

Placecards, which were color coded so the catering staff knew which meal to bring out to whom. The seashell meant no shrimp, and we also had a starfish version for gluten-free.

My DIY makeup :)

Me singing/dancing to Motownphilly by Boyz II Men

Us & our friends :)

Re: Our AHR at the Hunt Valley Marriott

• ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    so glad you had a great reception!!!  I can vouch for the time and effort put in from that Marriott, my mother was actually the director of Catering there maybe 10 years ago, so I am very aware of the effort she always put in to maintain the standard Marriott sets.  
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards