Maryland-Baltimore

Winter Wedding 2012

Hey Everybody!  I am really hoping to get some good ideas here as Internet searches have not helped me at all. I'm looking for ceremony/reception venues which are suitable for a winter wedding. I am in love with fireplaces and was hoping to find a venue that has at least one, but apparently, they are kind of hard to come by!! Any ideas?! Thanks!! =D

Re: Winter Wedding 2012

• LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The ballroom in the Maryland Inn (part of the Historic Inns of Annapolis) has 2 fireplaces, one at each end of the room, as does the Treaty of Paris restaurant, which is 1 floor below. Liriodendron Mansion in Harford County also has a fireplace, if I remember correctly. Historic Oakland, in Howard County, also has a fireplace, but I have no clue whether or not it is operational.
  • ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    What is your theme?  I know of a very inexpensive venue (less than $1000 rental and with KS Catering you can feed 150 people for $3000) that can hold like 220 people with a giant fireplace but it is not very fancy at all if you want the ballroom wedding.  Its called the Sequoia Room at Oregon Ridge in Cockeysville.

Now I know someone who had their reception at a small mansion with a fireplace but I would have to figure out which one.  How many guests and what is your theme?
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • weezie825weezie825 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Valley Country Club in Lutherville has a big fireplace right in the lobby.  It is a beautiful venue.  Also, Liriodendron Mansion in Bel Air also has a fire place, but I don't think you are allowed to have a real fire (just candles) there.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Also, the Overhills Mansion in Catonsville has a fireplace. 
  • edited December 2011

mine is at the cloisters castle. They have fireplaces in just about every room and you can have fires in them...and the staff attends to them

More than words.....
  • harpsdesireharpsdesire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Prince George's County the Newton white mansion is lovely and has several working fireplaces (I would get married there if I had the budget).  Chase Court in Baltimore has a very 'real' looking gas fireplace.  It's a historic gothic-style chapel, very elegant for a winter wedding.
  • hgeise1207hgeise1207 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really have a theme yet, I am piecing the wedding together as I go along. Once I find a venue that I love, I can come up with a theme that fits it. I'm looking at about 150 guests. 

I am going straight to Google with all of your ideas right now!! Thank you all so much :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards